Summer Camp 2023

Meme-worthy in some way/shape/form

2 Likes

I kinda of envy that lack of inhibition.

3 Likes

Somehow these dudes are worse

10 Likes

I like to give a shout-out to the saint who brought a tank down into the pit for that first set of UM. Things got really weird down there. Sunday was a fucking awesome day of music time to die on my couch now.

12 Likes

Summercamp is fucking wild, what a blast but holy fuck how do people do three days of that camping? Leah and I got no sleep at all and just packed up at like 540 and started the drive back. All the sets were a blast, @chicagostylehotdog and his wife were awesome to hang with as always. See y’all in a couple weeks on the rocks

13 Likes

Also, was I just tripping really hard or was ums Sunday set just really really fucking good?

1 Like

I personally thought it was really good and fun. Also intoxicated though

3 Likes

I was really blown away by um set 1. Set 2 I was having some low blood sugars and mostly just sat back on the field. I remember the wappy really blowing me away with some of the lines that Jake was doing.

1 Like

Since we went only Sunday this time we camped behind the moonshine stage pretty far away from all the crazies in the woods. But all I could hear is pop up dub step shows shaking the ground until 6AM.

I don’t remember it ever being like that the previous times I’ve gone for the whole festival. I would usually camp in the woods and get plenty of sleep when I wanted. Sunday this year was the least amount I slept at summercamp.

3 Likes

Sure it wasn’t just the L and massive amount of cocaine?

3 Likes

Well there was that but I drank an entire bottle of vodka throughout the day. So at 3AM I was hammered and wanted to sleep so bad and usually can just pass right out. Couldn’t the pop up dubstep show be a Willie Nelson show? I would’ve slept like a baby.

2 Likes

Yeah I was wondering if people were just going fucking ham cause it’s the last scamp in its current iteration. It was fun walking through the lit up woods coming down on L and shrooms but yeah. We drove like an hour out, slept at a rest area for like an two hours and hen made it the rest of the way home.

1 Like

In 2013 we got a killer spot in the forest, right off the path in the forest and next to one of the posts with electrical hookups.

I can’t tell you how many people asked us if they could set up a makeshift DJ table using the power tower.

One of the guys legit said “do you guys like dubstep? I’ll throw in some occasional phish if you don’t. I just wanna spin for the people who want to hear music.” Like people really want to hear Flux Pavilion → Possum at 4:30 am

Car camping can be rough too with that one tent playing electronic music til 6am.

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel bad I didn’t give you a good breakdown of pros/cons of woods vs field camping, though the noise can be an issue anywhere just depending on who you’re next to. At first I was pumped you found that spot where you didn’t have to haul gear very far, but at the same time you weren’t camped near the stages you were going to be at most so it was probably more walking overall.

Woods stays cooler so much later in the morning than in the field where the sun usually has you sweating out of your tent by 9am or so.

Generally VIP is a bit quieter but Sunday night the VIP tent closing party shakes the whole VIP campground until 6am or so.

Regardless, summer camp is far from relaxing. Glad you got a taste of it and hope the negatives didn’t leave too bad of a taste in your mouth. I’m sure whatever they do next year with the festival will be great and I’d encourage anybody to go. Fucking love that place.

7 Likes

Some years as early as 6am. I remember being a crusty zombie in 2012 (hit 100+ all 4 days) and some old lady spritzed my face with water and it was the closest I’ve ever come to nirvana.

2 Likes

Anybody see Willie?

2 Likes

Keep it in the appropriate thread.

https://the-bort.com/t/alright-losers-lets-see-your-dicks/5303

3 Likes

I had a fucking blast, even though I’m fucking exhausted. Glad I finally made it happen

2 Likes

Stayed longer than planned. He’s old. Sounded decent. Not really my thing, but one of those bucket list kinda shows that you can’t miss. Wasn’t disappointed.

3 Likes

I enjoyed Willie. It was what it was, but dude sounds pretty good for 90

2 Likes