Songs You Would Like to Hear Umphrey's Cover

Well originally as by Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs but I was referring to the Jackson Browne version. I did not know about that quote though I will check it out!

I’d love for them to bust out Muffin Man again sometime

4 Likes

Anything from Urinal Street Station

2 Likes

or their newly released greatest hits which is just the same songs in a different order lmao

1 Like

The Soundgarden cover they should have been playing all along

https://youtu.be/waX1AGPtyto

1 Like

Boston - Foreplay/Long Time will forever be my #1

2 Likes

Had that convo with one of my buddies a couple months ago. Someone in the band must hate Boston because that seems like a band right up UM’s alley to cover.

I wonder if it’s Kris because he’d obvi be on vocals

Ill try to request it for my 150 whenever that happens.

1 Like

My guess would be Brendan

They love cover requests. Especially for songs they’ve never played.

4 Likes

I can’t envision bayliss for vocals on any Boston cover. It would have to be kris on vox.

Yolo tho.

1 Like

Didn’t they tease “Smokin” at one of the Wrapped Around Nashville shows when answering a question about a song they’ve wanted to cover but can’t get it to sound right?

1 Like

Yes I believe so

IIRC they actually all learned the song and then realized none of them could sing in the right octave so they had to shelf it. As for show my guess would be the 2nd Wrapped in the Round series since there was some Q&A during those.

Nice, I recalled walking around listening to that banter recently but couldn’t remember where it was from. As far as Boston covers go, Hitch a Ride is one that Jake/Brendan could do wonderful things on with the dueling guitars and it isn’t quite as demanding vocally. Foreplay/Long Time sounds good in theory, but as someone who has tried to sing it back when Rock Band was a thing, it can go downhill quickly!

1 Like

Yah I’d think some of the mid-tier Boston songs are a safer bet than the epics, at least to learn. I’ve always really liked “Feeling Satisfied” as a song, also “Rock and Roll Band” doesn’t seem too difficult and like something they would cover just for name (like they did the grand funk song this year).

Anything from PF’s animals plz

I think Lou reeds new sensations w/jake on vox would be pretty fun.

3 Likes

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a million times.

https://youtu.be/70o_F6Yo7ck

4 Likes