Song Recs For A Certain Occassion

There’s multiple playlists floating around, the Spotify Music League, and What You Are Listening To for a plethora of musical recs. However, I wanted to create this thread to see if we could help each other during a specific, and certain occasions. Ex: If you’re need of a good dance jam while you’re still faced off a pressie, come here and ask for a rec. I put it in the UM discussion, but I’d encourage anything that’ll apply.

I’ll start. Anyone got any good recs for an evening of Addies and ice cold fatties? I was digging 12/31/06 Munchkin Invasion.

2 Likes

Nice thread loser.

8 Likes

Ooooooh, this is my kinda thread.

Seriously, I thought I had a good idea at first and I should’ve done better wording my inquiry. When I was younger, and someone was dosing for one of their first times, I’d always seemed to get asked “What album should I listen to?” Ænima by Tool and California by Mr. Bungle were reliable choices. Primus’ Frizzle Fry is one that I remember having a blast “watching”.

My last good memory of this particular scenario is a bit of a contrast to a good time. I’m peaking hard, and it’s to the point to where I’m not in the market for anything to out there. When I pissed, I had to question if my hog was whistling or if it was peeing lol. Anyhoo, my “other wife” thought it’d be a good idea to put on a Marilyn Manson mix on YT, which led to her algorithm playing late 90’s metal like Godsmack. It was horrible and I came awfully close to losing my shit. Luckily, the brosband saw this, and got me some headphones for my phone. I was able to get back into my happy place by watching some Ganja White Night videos.

Sorry for the long read, but thanks if you do read it. I’ll have another post for another set of circumstances because I’m stubborn and won’t let this thread die lol.

“Whistle Kids” is a great tune to throw on when you are hungover and want to sleep, but your kids are awake and they come in your bedroom and want to play, and they don’t understand or care that you are in a world of pain from slamming whiskey the night before! 1.5 out of 5 hungover dad-rockers would recommend.

4 Likes

Sounds like a great song to help you puke during said hangover too.

1 Like