Shows the bort never talks about

I always appreciate those old school jams that a lot of you throw out there. Are there any shows that kind of flew under the radar that are worth a listen?

7/3/2012 Interlocken MI was a pretty decent show that I never really get seen talked about. Has one of my fav encores of Kimble>I want you (shes so heavy). A pretty great triple wide, good song selection, DBK>Last train home>DBK, etc.

1 Like

10/4/07 - Lawrence, KS

Opens with a monster Jazz Odyssey > Bright Lights > Anchor Drops segment…The intro jam is the “VH JO” which I believe eventually became Liberty Echo. BLBC is 21 mins long with two separate jams (split up mid-song, not sure if there are any other verison where they did that). The first jam is one of the quintessential examples of UM bounceback Stews from this era. Sounds very composed, incredibly melodic, wonderful interplay between the entire band.

The show also races to the finish line in a huge way with a wonderful Water > loong N2F reprise, 13 Days, Tribute > set-ending JO, followed by a 16’ Reso for the encore.

2 Likes

There is another amazing 2 jam BLBC that I absolutely love. 2/13/08 Los Angeles…check that shit out!

1 Like

So dark and dirty. My favorite BLBC

1 Like

This is one of my all time favorites. I have listened to this one (1st set especially) so many times.

November 26, 2003 Umphrey’s McGee The Rave Underground — Milwaukee, WI, USA

Set 1: Hurt Bird Bath > Soul Food I > Water, Much Obliged > Smell the Mitten, A Fifth of Beethoven, Mail Package

Set 2: Front Porch > Resolution > Front Porch[1], In Violation of Yes[2], Billie Jean, Example 1[3] > Padgett’s Profile[4], Ocean Billy, Dump City

Encore: Nopener, Prowler

Footnotes:
[1] with Gratitude (The Beastie Boys) jam
[2] with Thunderstruck (AC/DC) jam
[3] ended with Is There Anybody Out There? (Pink Floyd) jam
[4] with South Park theme (Primus) tease and with Jake on timbales

Have a CD with this first set on it. Dude threw it I with something the “wife” bought off etsy or IG or something. Pretty fire. 2nd set isn’t on nugs. But I need to track it down. Never listened

1 Like

I’ve got that show. Super great times that night. It was the night before Thanksgiving, and it just had a really special feel all through both sets.

I can try to figure out a way to get it to ya, when I have some time. Please don’t be afraid to send me a reminder about that.

Both sets are f’n great, and I’ve always really loved the vibe of the jam in HBB, but the 2nd set is just nasty. Silky smooth playing all over the place.

1 Like

Also, I did talk about this show last November, and the link to the show on the archive…

:beers:

1 Like

Mary?