Yeah I get being upset about a lack of WC shows. But then getting mad at them for booking a WC show doesn’t really make sense lol
They didnt cancel the shows because of covid. They canceled them for the lulz.
I’ve been to two Vegas shows (‘12 and ‘14). They were poorly attended. I don’t blame the band for not wanting to play there. For anyone that doesn’t live in Vegas, it’s nothing but a pain in the ass and is super expensive. Fans don’t travel to Vegas.
Also - this wasn’t a bait and switch. You’re an idiot if you think they’d rather play this festival over their own shows.
/thread
“Umphrey’s will play Vegas again. We are playing Vegas again, but when The Red Rocker calls, you answer.”
this is lame. they can’t be making that much money from this absolutely comical looking festival.
sometimes optics and PR are more important than a payday. but that being said, 90% of umphrey’s fans will congratulate them on being able to play this show.
@ominousbeanbag good morning.
Anyone else just find out that @ominousbeanbag and @toomanypomas42 arent actually the same person or was it just me?
They’re still getting a paycheck after canceling shows.
I don’t really care about PR for this band either. As if they had some impeccable reputation until it was destroyed by playing the same stage as Sammy Hagar.
I’m not congratulating them, I just don’t think it’s that big of a deal and it makes sense for them to try to make some profit in the wake of a canceled run of shows.
I don’t even know who I am anymore
Oh are we talking multiple accounts?
As someone that’s posted about being upset about the cancellation of three shows I was going to attend three times, I just think the Huntington Beach show is comical. It doesn’t piss me off, but there’s a 0% chance I’ll pay $70 for a rented gear hour long set. I used my ticket refunds to go to Indy this weekend and im excited to finally see the band for the first time since July 2019.
Ugh UM hasn’t played my hometown since 2015. Time to go bitch to the only cool member left in the band on Twitter
i don’t think it’s outlandish to rant about canceled shows back to back #online. to my knowledge they didn’t do any west coast drive in or pod show right? so they’re kind of the only ones deprived of UM shows during the pandemic.
i’m an agent of chaos and want more of people melting about drug band shows. i’m going to encourage any and all melting whenever possible. i also will never miss a chance to diss the band and call them lame because it’s very clear they no longer give a shit about the sound it’s just about that wallet baby!
i would argue that joel is not cool, he’s just accessible and understands marketing
Fair enough. Like I said, being upset about canceled shows is totally understandable. Being upset when the band tries to somehow make up for it (however comical it may be) just seems whiny.
Oh and I am well aware of #ChaosAgent lol
i think they agreed to that as a chance to meet sammy hagar.
I would 100% not put this past them
Was I supposed to know who Sammy Hagar was before looking him up on wiki just now?
I’m sure they were booked at this fest before the shows were even canceled. The Red Rocker doesn’t fuck around with last minute plans.