Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Pee)

Attendance bias!

3 Likes

Attendance bias on all these, I’ve had great luck with Fir over the years

1/30/15
5/22/15
3/10/16
1/26/19

1 Like

Whatever happened to…

1. HoF 2021 digital track list and release. The vinyl selections were announced and went on sale in mid-December, with the full selections to be announced “in the coming weeks.”

2. HoF 2022 voting. In the same announcement as the above, it was supposed to “commence in February of 2023.”

3. 3/26/06 Hamburg video release. This was announced on 2/22 and was supposed to be released just three days later.

9 Likes

Kb must go.

10 Likes

They’re too busy trying to convince you to sip the NFT Kool Aid.

5 Likes

I appreciate going to an Umphrey’s show without any expectations and not caring a whit what they play, just enjoying 6 musicians with great chemistry.

8 Likes

The Hamburg video is on nugs, was released on the date it was supposed to…video quality is shit lol, but I guess that’s expected for the era

2 Likes

Ryan: “So wait, you wrote a setlist with an 11 song set again?”

Brendan:

Photo credit: David “zzyzx” Steinberg from 3/4/23, Seattle

9 Likes

I appreciate that sentiment and wish I shared it.

10 Likes

Same

1 Like

Where? I’ve looked in like three different places and couldn’t find it

I saw it in exclusive live streams yesterday when I was watching some of the TAUK with kanika show on my computer but I’m not seeing it in the phone app right now…maybe it’s removed now…if you really cared I ripped it and could upload it somewhere for you to download

Never knew people cared about jam band lyrics

3 Likes

If i cared about lyrics and vocals i would not be on a DBMB.

1 Like

Oof that was a brutal return to OB lol

2/19/2009

05/23/08 is the ultimate Fir, IMO.

07/19/07 is also next level.

4 Likes

this post from a week ago is now outdated - got the police cover at show #1 and #106

the robot world in eugene, while being my 5th ever, its my first one since 7/16/2006

8 Likes

i know UM having a guest saxophonist is divisive around these parts, but that doesn’t change the fact that i’ve seen 14 different players sit in over the years. some good, some bad, some standard

Berlin, Steve
Bullock, Chris
Chang, Ernie
Coffin, Jeff
Gerlach, Nick
Ingraham, Rob
Lalli, Dominic
McLean, Sean
Onyejiaka, Sylvester
Pitts, Matt
Redman, Joshua
Scott, Russell
Sinclair, Kevin
the other flithly little secret sax player not named jeff coffin

3 Likes

“I’ve never been sure of anything,” Bayliss added. “For example, I still think there are questions to be asked about our former President’s birth certificate and the efficacy of public health initiatives like the COVID vaccine. It’s like music. Always some mystery.”

12 Likes