Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Pee)

Would you want to get exposed as liking Umphreys stuff on social media?

12 Likes

Yes. I’m still a fanboi and heart everything

1 Like

Don’t have to no, just felt like it for this particular moment

Please be respectful, a few of the users who liked this post lurk this board.

26 Likes

Pretty much nailed wait for it, wait for it

Summary

It

1 Like

listening to the joel stream bc I simp um
Stream: 2nu.gs/Joel

4 Likes

Him fucking around on synths was great. That’s like 95% of what I do in my studio too

1 Like

I like the intimate setting with that little candle he’s got lit.

1 Like

Lol I loved it. Weird synth to relax and study to

4 Likes

My wife’s coworker is also into jam bands but he’s got a solid 10-15 years on me (im 32)…anyway he said to my wife “idk why [niko] is into umphreys, I remember when they were the house band at Martyrs in Chicago and I didn’t even want to go there to see them for free”

Q1: anyone corroborate this and/or goes back to that era of UM?

Q2: on a scale of “of course” to “omfg yass queen” is this guy dash bort material?

7 Likes

They played Martyr’s 11 times between February ‘99 and March ‘01. House band is a bit of a stretch. The band was 1-3 years into their career at that point and I’m sure they sounded like it.

Guy sounds like a douche tbh.

16 Likes

He is pretty into goose soooo

12 Likes

So he has horrible taste in music, sounds about right.

6 Likes

A lot of jamband fans hate Umphrey’s.

A lot of jamband fans hate evey jamband.

A lot of jambands fans like to let you know which jambands they hate.

13 Likes

I want the opinion of the guy who went to the shows at Martyr’s, not the opinion of the guy who stayed home and whacked off.

1 Like

I don’t even know why I go to jamband shows anymore other than I like to party and get to see some longtime friends, I really haven’t been completely blown away by a jamband in years. Billy is solid but honestly gets a bit repetitive after a dozen shows in a year’s span.

4 Likes

Dopapod is basically the only non um jamband that has ever done anything for me. I can’t stand the scene in general

8 Likes

Dopapod is one of the few jam shows I’ve walked way from saying “damn those guys can play AND improv”. Every other jam band just can’t deliver the type of improv I want. I still enjoy the scene, which honestly has kept me around more than the music.

1 Like

@cshore

8 Likes

Beat me to it. Fuggin’ oofsize.jpg

3 Likes