Marc Rebillet just fired me as his lighting designer lol. Figured the Bort of all places would be entertained. Currently drinking my sorrows away at a bar in Madison before I fly home tomorrow. 50+ shows into working for him and totally fucking blindsided.
That’s fucking insane and a massive bummer - sorry to hear about that. Esp given the circumstances! Any reason given?
If you’re comfortable sharing, what’s that dude really like - aside from his performer schtick?
also, heard that @squeakyfeet needs a new LD and I’m sure they pay heaps more than Marc. Right, @opsopcopolis ?
So like. Overall kinda hard for me to say. I had zero warning about being fired over basically “vibes” dude has known me for a year and hired me to get on a tour bus with him after all fly dates last year and 2 weeks in I get fired without cause. Just feels weird. If you asked me yesterday I wouldn’t have a bad thing to say about the guy.
And no I didn’t shit on the bus
I am not that expensive but I need real accommodations if I’m touring lol @opsopcopolis if you got bunks and dont do split hotels I’d do like like $350 a day. Actually serious cuz I need a gig lol
What bar in Madison? Wanna get drunk about it?
HELL YAH
Where should I go that’s better? I am at The Old Fashioned which is fine but feels very tourist
I can’t speak for them but was mostly kidding and doubt they have the budget for it - even though I know an LD would be epic for them. They’re a rising star for sure and good ld would go a long way, imo
Hope you land on your feet and find a rad new gig !
This is great
Seems like I’ll end up with white boy reggae. Stick Figures management is my next best in
Yeah it’s absolutely tourist. I little bougie but I love Lola’s on the east side. Moxy’s hotel bar is fun and close to the capital.
Let’s do Moxys I wanna just be walking and my hotel is in the area
I have a bunch of Oregon weed I can share just bring me a bag @DiabetesCOLE
Bring 2 so I can fly home and not have to buy immediately lol
well shit, welcome back to -bort @ominousbeanbag . Sounds like you aren’t in a great place right now so don’t want to just drop a hope you've been doing well … hope life has brought you some good growth and experiences the past couple of years.
It will continue to do so. Keep your chin up. @DiabetesCOLE sounds like he got you tonight tho. ![]()
The gig was great. More sad about not getting to see the tour manager and stage manager, driver and merch/vip guy anymore. They will always be some of my closest friends so not getting to hang out with them the next 6 weeks is the real gut punch. I will find work. I am good at this shit and production guys with similar mental illnesses usually love me so it’s gonna be fine
Did he fire you in a bathrobe?
Ugh no in some fuckin designer shit and japanese denim or whatever
I’ll be at that other bar in like 30. Gonna grab phone charger