Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

Mountain time is simply here/now

2 Likes

I once had a wook tell me that MT is the center of the universe and the hetty most timezone on the planet.

5 Likes

I might have taken his side just for sport

3 Likes

*wook time

2 Likes

He made some very valid points that I’m sure are backed in science and fact. Something about how all the mountains cause some sort of Fibonacci gravitational pull. He said he found the exact center of the universe off some trail near Kittredge and would go there to pray/meditate.

2 Likes

He thinks the center of the universe is in the wooky mountains and not, I don’t know, the largest mountains on earth?

6 Likes

Fuckin lol. That’s not even a contest. Pretty much everyone here already thinks in fractals already

5 Likes

Speaking of drugs.

It’s been days since we have gotten any updates on the v4J song. Almost tempted to ask the sultanator.

2 Likes

I have been on the bort since I was 17, and I am 33 now. I like to think I would have thought everything about ahots pins and v4j life was just as douchey back then. A lot of us have been on here since we were younger and it was never that bad.

6 Likes

Didn’t he send an email to the band?

I wonder if sultynuts considered being an “admin” organizing a business transaction might require work

Yea I definitely had a custy fanboi phase, especially earlier on in my fandom but it was at least mostly related to UM’s music I’d say. I don’t ever recall worshipping at the feet of the band members themselves for silly stuff like ahots.

I worshipped the scene and the friends and the hotel rooms and the meals and the bounce back stews etc.

Still do in a way. I miss 2011

But fuck me if I’d ever wear a pin that said ahots

5 Likes

I think the bigger thing is that since KB took over their press releases, etc, he has put out a certain vibe that attracks a certain crowd. So I think you have a lot of newer fans who hear a douche duck call being projected, eat some drugs for the first time, find people who convince them 4 minute cock rock jams are the bees knees, and you are left with the v4j’s of the world. I am sure most of them are fine folks, they were just led astay by the Browning’s and Sultan’s of the world.

11 Likes

Maybe? Last post was him showing us what he was going to write. I wonder if it isn’t going to get ignored.

It always comes back to being KB’s fault basically.

Kevin Browning must go. Quotation mark quotation mark you ask. Because if we take a look at the facts since 2011, when Browning left the soundboards to take over a more managerial position for the band, the band has done nothing but decline. Since his take over of UM HQ there had always been a talk of appealing to the masses, coupled with horrendous decisions such as turning bill Graham show into a cash grab, turning a documentary into a cash grab and playing the beacon theater. UMVIP is a waste of money more often than not and most marketing campaigns, whether for albums or mercy are corny and do nothing to drive excitement. They botched the double album big time and on that topic need a manager willing to tell them to try a different producer FOR ONCE. Someone mentioned the band seems too comfortable and I agree, but that is the fault of management. When a sports team gets complacent the manager is replaced with somebody who lights a fire under the teams ass. it NEEDS TO HAPPEN HERE.

Browning must go. #browningmustgo

5 Likes

I know if I saw a email pop up about a raptor growl in my inbox I would keep on scrolling

3 Likes

Wow Ahots is really being made into a pin? Epic capitalist facepalm. As previously stated Stasik made a typo in the early days of covid Wine-Not stream and v4j ran with it as some sort of really dumb inside joke.

It almost felt to me like people were repeating it to try and get the bands attention…and it clearly worked because now they are marketing it to a bunch of suckers, I mean fans.

4 Likes

lets be honest. All of us are jealous that we cannot commercialize our typos into commemorative pins. Tip of the cap, these idiots want to give away their money, team UM is more than happy to oblige. We all wish it could be this easy, since you dont see phish fans doing this shit.

7 Likes

We should make omg barber pins

10 Likes