Questionable Moves by the Band…

Who doesn’t like it? BB?

I’d guess a big part of that is the time needed in soundcheck to rehearse, rather than just screwing around. When you live near/with each other and play 150 shows a year, soundcheck can be a looser time to work on fun things for the night. When you play 3 nights a week half the year, and probably don’t rehearse pre-tour, probably need to spend more time rehearsing actual songs

5 Likes

Yeah, I suppose when you have multiple members with other projects flying in at the last minute to play a show that could happen. That said, one would think that when they are on an extended tour spending more time together the improv should improve? Has this been happening in earnest? I honestly don’t listen to UM much anymore.

It’s up and down, but I’d say there’s been somewhat steady improvement from the beginning of “post pandemic” tour to now, when we’re getting runs like DUMB and shows like Vail and Baldwinsville

1 Like

1/25/20 Utopian

1 Like

Gracias. Never would’ve figured that out in a million years.

Anybody remember the 5 Dollar Footlong jam? That was fun

10 Likes

Reno one year i believe. Amazing.

1 Like

Didn’t they do one at the 2021 drive in chicago shows? Or am I just misremembering

idk, this is the one I was thinking of

2 Likes

Maybe I’m delusional, but I’ve never thought SCI setlists were creative.

1 Like

what’re you talking about bro, they covered Greta Van Fleet in their last show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbQhppnrmdE

4 Likes

@Zencer

7 Likes

Oof

I think it was during the boondock shows

1 Like

Hahaha. Think that’s a new Kyle song. But what an absurd song title for two bands to share.

2 Likes

hahah sounds about right.

whatta coincidence though

They played a huge version of it at the Eastern ATL 420 Afterparty show. Definitely looking forward to catching that one at some point.

1 Like

Is it this or is it just them getting older?

That said, listen to anything from now compared to 2009 or 2006…are they actually sloppier or is just perception? Joel’s playing is as good as ever, Bayliss’ vocals are pretty rough. Kris doesn’t have the same stamina but his playing is still outstanding.

1 Like

Squeaky Feet. I don’t think Lotus does. Pretty sure Timmy P still lives in the pizza capital of the US

1 Like