Outstanding Versions

Welcome back fam!

3 Likes

listened to this mail package last night. Victor Wooten should play bass for UM more

5 Likes

Still one of my all time favorite attended UM shows. The vibe at that tiny little fest was off the charts. The storm that hit later that night is still one of the hardest rains ive ever had to deal with at a camping festival.

1 Like

Came across this gem of a Plunger. Can’t honestly think of another 2 jam Plunger, let alone one this good.

Funk Fest an Truckee were two of the more memorable UM shows I’ve been fortunate enough to catch through the years…

4 Likes

deleted bc bad at reading

2 Likes

Funk fest was my first UM show had no idea what I was in for.

2 Likes

I know that this is old hat but the infamous IC>Synco is so dang good. This segment is worthy of all timer status.

1 Like

It was an amazing moment of an extraordinary run. In 2008 I started going hard in the paint on Umphrey’s tour and I also happened to have a trip planned to Europe for that summer. These were my last shows of the first half of 2008. Didn’t see them again until Red Rocks opening for Gov’t Mule on 8.31.2008. Anyway, I let a couple borters @reily##### and @quadruplewide who I haven’t seen in years crash at my spot in East Lansing which was about an hour from Grand Rapids and halfway to Detroit where the next two nights would be. I ate a roll from a friend that had to be a methbomb because I was snorting klonopin at my apartment later that night and not feeling any sedative effects of the benzo cause of the pressie I ate. The night two nights I got properly puddled and this was one of the most fun Umphrey’s runs I’ve ever been on. Also the first time I met Alki, at the Sheraton in Detroit after the second night iirc. Good times in the Mitten.

5 Likes

Wizards from 1/30/22 should be on this list
Jaie.easley@gmail.com

4 Likes

Sick i will email you

18 Likes

Lmao

1 Like

1348>IC from 1/28/17 is really fucking cool. 2 jams in 1348 was tight AF.

4 Likes

Jakeless run FTW. The T&D and Robot from the next night (Rochester) are really good too

4 Likes

Fucking love that Jakeless Albany show.

2 Likes

Best um run tbh

IDK the New Haven show was pretty forgettable. The next three nights were great though.

My favorite stretch of shows might have been SF>Reno>Boise>SLC>Aspen>Denver in 2010 with Cornmeal opening 5/6 of those. Great week!

Or Knoxville x 2>Richmond>DC x 2 in 2008.

I’m mostly joking, and didn’t go to the new haven show. Definitely one of my favorite attended runs since 2011 though

1 Like

Went to the Portland show with the all-improv set and it was honestly probably the best show I’ve seen them play at the State. Which maybe isn’t saying much, but either way Redman slayed and it was fucking awesome. Still kicking myself I didn’t impulsively go to Albany the next night.

1 Like

That 1348/Intentions Clear segment was A++

4 Likes