Liquid Tension Experiment

any idea on release date?

Spring 2021 is all that’s said now. Which, this is honestly already moving quicker than I expected and I am so stoked. For some reason, I had a feeling that they were announcing that they were getting ready to get into the studio and all that to start recording. But, apparently with this teaser, they’re already well on their way in the recording portion.

FUCK YEAH

1 Like

i’m not heavy into prog but LTE has always been a favorite so this is really exciting as a casual fan even.

1 Like

Went to see G3 with Joe satriani, John petrucci, and Phil collen at the riverside in 2018. Shit was awesome but it was the first show I left in a long time that my ears were ringing for a couple days, which hasn’t happened in a long time. Well worth the hearing damage.

Looking forward to this release.

1 Like

Damn that’s surprising

2 Likes

someone submit a bug report to handle his @ass

can just anyone submit a bug report to get their own @ass handled?

1 Like

LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT
Announce details for new album ‘LTE3’

Album due out March 26th, 2021

2020 came to a close with LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT announcing their return and new album to be released on InsideOutMusic. Today, the legendary supergroup comprised of Mike Portnoy (Transatlantic, Sons of Apollo), John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater), and Tony Levin (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel) are pleased to officially announce that the new album ‘LTE3’ will be released on March 26th, 2021 via InsideOutMusic, twenty-two years after the bands’ last studio album.

“After over 20 years since the last time we recorded together, the four of us stepped into the studio and it was as if no time had passed at all! All of the magic that made the first two LTE albums so special was still there and we had such a great time making this record. I’m extremely proud of what we created together and can’t wait for everyone to hear it!” -John Petrucci

“The best thing to come out of 2020 was this long-awaited reunion! And it was surely worth the wait as after all these years, the magic chemistry was still there and stronger than ever!”-Mike Portnoy

LTE3 Tracklisting:

1. Hypersonic (8:22)
  2. Beating The Odds (6:09)
  3. Liquid Evolution (3:23)
  4. The Passage Of Time (7:32)
  5. Chris & Kevin’s Amazing Odyssey (5:04)
  6. Rhapsody In Blue (13:16)
  7. Shades Of Hope (4:42)
  8. Key To The Imagination (13:14)

Bonus Disc:
Including almost an hour of improvised jams

The pre-order will start on January 22nd 2021 and the album will be available as:
•Limited deluxe hot pink 3LP+2CD+Blu-ray Box Set (incl. a poster and 4 artcards, Blu-ray includes a 5.1 surround mix with visuals, and full band interview from the studio)
•Limited 2CD+Blu-ray Artbook
•Limited 2CD Digipak
•Gatefold black 2LP+CD
• Digital album (2CD)

1 Like

that bonus disc tho

4 Likes

Fuck yeah also extremely intrigued by the Rhapsody in Blue. Are we really getting a straight fusion cover of a Gershwin tune? Or is it something else? Real interested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jWP4JLUxiqY&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1Lx12Hxyig7vzKsI2i6EGVz3Qx4NNW0test7ex9yihsN4h7xczXQF_nhc

8 Likes

the video ended and now i’m just laughing to myself

5 Likes

Fuck yes

God damn its soooo fucking awesome to see MP/JP/JR play together again.

and Tony!!

so fuckin happy

THE BOOMERS HAVE COME TO SHOW US HOW ITS DONE

1 Like

wish there was a 2CD + vinyl pack. want those improv jams

Holy fucking shit. That was silly

God I love Portnoy’s drumming.

2 Likes

Fuck this is going to be so good

Another single being released tomorrow!

2 Likes

Pre ordered the vinyl can’t wait for it to come. You have any idea when they plan to start shipping them?