Jams the bort literally never talks about

If you listen to that 10/30/15 version (and a few others that have jams), they really have trouble transitioning from the jam back into the song so I’m guessing that is why they abandoned it. Feel like the same could be said about Maybe Someday jams, there are some good ones from the last couple years but there are some flubby moments in them as well.

It has to be a difficult song to transition back into.

Just when I thought I was out. Round 3 boys, kinda fuckin’ crazy.

2/17/08 FF

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this one really talked about but honestly might be my favorite version. That untzy '08 dub -> soaring shit. almost kinda reminds me of 2/9/08 Synco.

4 Likes

7-16-08 Great American>M.O. Short but a fantastic start to a show.

The “dance jam” is Back To The Middle, Stasik puts his own little twist on it though. Still fucking fire, love that jam.

And that version makes a great point. At the time the Similar Skin album got released, Educated Guess was my favorite new track on there, and I had it immediately pegged as a future monster jam vehicle. I didn’t think Similar Skin would evolve into the jam vehicle that it did. Good thing I don’t work as a psychic LOL.

What is “Back to the Middle”?

https://youtu.be/A3mu86610SY

2 Likes

9-2-17 Robot w/ Jake on keys.

9/14/07 Abacab. God that shit is so fucking good.

4 Likes

Love that jam. I also love that Nemo. Probably my favorite lyrical stew that I have personally seen.

2 Likes

That was one hell of a night!

1 Like

Second set was so wild. Massively dark and industrial between Abacab, Wizard, Robot World and the insane house jam in Nemo. Also a really weird end of that set with a standalone Haji w/ a short Joel outro jam tacked onto the end.

1 Like

11/18/08 Got Your Milk (Right Here)

This show has the legendary 43 min Water > Bridgeless in the first set but the second set starts with a great GYM(RH). Space reggae > pyschedelic dance jam > tribute riff + chugging -> tribute

4 Likes

Love that one. That Bridgeless is one of the more underrated jams from 2008 too. Still think Ribfest '08 Milk is the GOAT Milk but that one is very very good.

3/15/07 Triple Wide. Excellent groove laid down by Stasik that morphs into soaring anthemic peaks on peaks on peaks over the course of 9-10 minutes. Also think part of this jam was repeated in the '09 NYE keyboard jam out of Catshot.

1 Like

The best jam from 3/15/07 is the Dump City. That is one of my top 10-15 jams of 2007.

1 Like

I love that Dump City too but this Triple Wide is sooooo fucking good. See lots of chatter about 3/15 Dump, not so much about this 3x…

Too many good recs. I’m going to have to update the playlist later today.

I haven’t listened to this show in ages! I may have to revisit this one in the near future.

1 Like

2018.01.16 FF