Jams the bort literally never talks about

The Mitten from Seattle is great and the whole second set of Missoula is worth a listen through.

2 Likes

Yup, Missoula as usual is the show you gotta check out.

the use of the word literally here triggers me

Dude I thought I posted 10/2/09 Sweetness but I don’t think I did, that jam is so fucking good. Super soaring > dark proggy goodness.

Junk 6-30-16. Top 3 jams of 16 IMO and it hardly gets mentioned. (Bad Friday is worth a listen too)

1 Like

That junk got a lot of play from me that summer. Between this one and 10/29/15 Milwaukee got 2 great Jajunks

That 10/29/15 Junk had a beautiful Tears for Fears jam leading to a big peak. 10/29/15 is a real underrated show, Piranhas > N2F, Peeps w/ improv, DBK > Night Nurse > DBK…good show.

1 Like

No doubt. Wanna say it even went Mario > Tears for Fears > Peak. GREAT version of peeps. If I recall it was the first really hammed out Piranhas, damn good one too. Love M2M too. The DBK Nurse segment was good but not superb. Enjoyed Booth in the encore slot live but that was probably just hype

6/5/08 Robot World. It gets talked about a decent amount but it’s just so fucking good. I think we’d see a lot more chatter about it had it not been played the same night as IC->Synco…

Been on a 2006 West Coast kick…

4/14/06 has a really great Nemo and Triple Wide

10/20/06 has my favorite Professor Wormbog and a wonderful Kitchen > Glory with a Scofield jam

I never hear anyone but me talk about 4/9/06 and 4/10/06, but those are stacked shows… Example 1 > Hurt Bird Bath, Bridgeless, Raymond, Ringo, Morning Song, Mail Package, Der Bluten Kat, and Great American are all high tier versions.

2 Likes

Revisiting the 2010 New Years run after the announcement UM made today and my god 12/30/10 TBH is fucking fantastic. Not a super long jam, but absolutely beautiful soaring 6 minutes. Super underrated.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, one that I still go back to. It slays.

Loved the Bottom Half, 2x2, and Jajunk stretch from that show, but the 2nd set was soooo weak.

6-1-2017 3x>Sgt. Pepper

Short jam but such a great way to end a show. Great soaring peak into Sgt Pepper.

1 Like

2/12/08 GITV stew. The drop into full untz around 2:30 is so.fucking.good. I want that band back.

1 Like

This is only for the noobs like 2012 hodor but the 11.1.12 example one with the Miss You jam is a ton of fun. That silly moment is one of those things that really hooked me in early in my UM career. It’s not all about the huge jams sometimes it’s about the unicorns and rainbows.

:joy: Humor :sweat_smile: and :rage: darkness :new_moon_with_face: will always be :gift: present :gift: :raised_hands::clap::ok_hand:

1 Like

14 years ago, holy shit. Great August, one of the best ever but nobody ever really mentions it.

3 Likes

Great August! I have that one on my ‘06 Stew Comp. I have to go through all of ‘06 as I only have 76 jams on there which seems too low for such a great year of UM…need to beef that shit up some more.

1 Like

Holler at your boy about these, still need em back in my life.

1 Like