Jams the bort literally never talks about

2018.01.16 FF

Great rec, definitely choc full of “Breathe” teases for couple minutes in there too.

1 Like

Can someone remind me the original Stew that became Final Word? The external hard drive I had with all the lyrical Stews I loved is toast and all I can think of is Pop Tart which is different.

I think 10/19/05 DBK is the original

Hell yeah, thanks! Are there any Stew lineage threads here on the new bort? I know back in the day Grover or someone had a great thread that tied together running jam themes.

3 Likes

The repeated Jimmy Stewart thread was one my life’s greatest accomplishments hahahaha

9 Likes

2/18/17 In the Kitchen

10/7/09 Example 1

2 Likes

I used to advocate for that Traverse City show all the time on the old old Bort. The Hey 19 jam is nice too, as is the Andy’s. That show is the highest energy Umphrey’s show I’ve seen.

Anyone put together a Nugs.net playlist of this thread yet? Would love to revisit some underrated jams…maybe I’ll put it together when I find the motivation.

2 Likes

Actually just came to post another 2009 jam since everyone is shitting on 09 in the “worst UM year” thread. This Example One is just another reason we absolutely need old HoF official releases.

3/12/09 Bright Lights
3/12/09 Uncle Wally

2 Likes

I was at that show as well in Royal Oak. Coming off so many shows in 2008 it was going to be hard to impress me in 2009 and the Mantis Tour was nothing compared to Fall 2008, which was the weakest part of the 2006-2008 era sound IMO. I’ll have to revisit that one since it’s been about a decade since I heard either jam you mentioned!

For sure, and I was in the same boat after having seen 15+ in both '07 and '08. I was really disappointed at the time in this entire show and most of the shows I saw in '09 save TC.

1 Like

That whole traverse city show is pure fire! Hands down the best show of 09 as far as im concerned

1 Like

Not really a jam but a special moment for me. BB asks Jake to sing his guitar part near the end of AiT. Probably doesn’t hold up well on recording, but doesn’t seem like something they’ve done often. Show also included some nice rarities. 2/21/09

Ugh, I can’t link the Archive for some reason. Only wants to post the opening song.

1 Like

Haven’t updated since the end of June

Try Relisten?

Do you know how often they did that? BB asking Jake to sing his part near the end of AiT?

3/2/11 Crooked One

All day

1 Like

3/25/12 Thin Air

2 Likes