Jamband Cringe Thread

What a fiasco that was. Har har

5 Likes

If UM was as silly as they were 10-15 years ago today, or as silly as the jambands in their 30s today, they’d be crucified around here no matter what.

5 Likes

They used to be silly and write silly songs. Now they take their songs way too seriously and act silly at really stupid times.

2 Likes

Like how they don’t like the lyrics to BLBC anymore.

I remember thinking they must be lame AF when I saw this at a Barnes & Noble.

5 Likes

It was, honestly in the moment I thought Jake forgot how to play it… lol

2 Likes
3 Likes

Meanwhile, the members of Goose hadn’t even been born yet

1 Like

You thought right

Are there any memorable examples of old iterations of the bort being policed? I would love to see melts on here defending Browning or something like that

1 Like

My point is I’ve always thought they were.

1 Like

Talking about band members doing drugs

2 Likes

not really. it would just be a post

and somebody would be like “hey, we don’t like to speculate about that as an UM adjacent product”

2 Likes

I’m just impressed how high BB can kick

Yeah, I still see Ryan & Amy at shows, and some other OG bort folk as well. I’ve gotta wonder if you & I have had some interaction over the years, as I’ve been good friends w/Arthur (hajimemart23) for 15+ years, which also means plenty of time spent around Ryan & Kayla over the years as well.

To be completely honest though, in regards to this board, I was a tough sell back then. I lurked a little on & off for a few years, but had no real intent of joining the old bort. It was at 10KLF in ‘06 that I had a very odd experience, w/a small handful of OG bort people, that both pushed me away & drew me in at the same time. I had such an awful impression of the elitist vibe for like 10+ specific members that day, which nearly drove me away from ever joining the online side of the UM community. On the other side of that, there were a select few kind folks who left a very positive impression, and ultimately inspired me to give this place a chance. Benji (Ben-joo), not the handle Benji, was such a great person to talk with that day, and still love seeing him from time to time. I had been seeing the band w/a full on die hard passion for 5+ years at that point, but since I wasn’t on the bort, I was kinda pushed out of the spot I’d been standing in for a couple hours waiting for UM’s set, because the front was ‘being held for bort members’, w/o any of them actually standing there holding the spot. It was so f’n ridiculous, and gross in the elitist mentality, that I was close to never wanting any part of the online side of the UM community. So glad I didn’t let that happen, as I’ve made a handful of true, lifelong friends through this board. This place is so different now vs back then, some better some not, but glad I’m still part of it.

You guys are great, and I’m happy to kill time on this site daily. :+1::+1:

15 Likes

melches bodysee

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Andy’s girlfriend was a high point of policing

8 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgQ-IyK4RAs

^shit like this makes me want to have no part in this scene

5 Likes

KB wasn’t a problem back then because he was just running the soundboard