You guys are confusing the shit out of me

5 Likes

This honestly is going to be the best post of this iteration of the Bort

2 Likes

Is Sultan not ringing a bell?

5 Likes
3 Likes

It’s my awesome piece of art now

Not that it’s that awesome but this is where I struggle with the whole NFT thing versus purchasing physical pieces of artwork.

2 Likes

NFTs are more than just jpegs and/or images. But no one seems to be able to grasp that concept. It’s a right to ownership of an asset.

……but when that asset is a bored ape that can be easily replicated then the whole concept looks pretty stupid.

3 Likes

The right to own an asset? Like a digital album? I pirate those constantly

3 Likes

It’s the same idea of an original piece of art vs a poster you buy in the gift shop of the museum

I get that, but since it’s already digital it’s far easier for me to reprint.

But that doesn’t mean you own it. Just like if I copy a tour print.

1 Like

Understood. I think Jackson’s comment about the bored monkey says a lot about NFT’s at this point, and the scarcity of truly good art.

My comment was about the perception issue.

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s about misperception based on misunderstanding of the underlying tech and purpose. I’m not big on NFTs but the old “I can just right click and save” is the biggest sign someone doesn’t quite get it.

This.

I think it’s more of a dig at the perceived quality of what people are selling as NFTs and the difference (or lack of understanding of the difference?) between digital and physical art.

I like owning original physical art, but I don’t see the value or get the same enjoyment out of digital art, so I just don’t really get it on a personal level

4 Likes