How many UM shows have you arrived late?

Off the top of my head, @terruntz, @burtherdbath, and I had car trouble thirty minutes outside of Boston on the way to Philly (2.27.10) and we missed the first four-five songs of the set. I also recall getting to Austin 2016 like three songs after they started. Other than that, can’t think of too many UM shows I wasn’t there for when it started.

8/25/07 - got there during the Wife Soup jam.
11/4/11 - missed the first 3 or so songs so literally the only good parts of that show (atrocious 2nd set)
Feb 2014 Chicago Riv run - got in late to one of those shows, just can’t remember the date. Maybe was like a DBK > Divisions > DBK segment? Possibly? I don’t know and too lazy to look up.

There’s probably more but those stick out (to be fair, only partially since I don’t remember all the details).

LOL, not close. Must be the NYE 2007 show with the Divisions > DBK > A Half Sleep > DBK that I was thinking of.

Latest I’ve been is hearing the opening notes of Attachments during 2016 NYE, of CtC at the Hive, or whatever the opener was at Boise 2012 while getting my ticket scanned.

2 Likes

While I didn’t arrive late, I did pretty much completely skip a show while attending. I’m a big fan of the Washington DC area professional football team. In 2012, we went on a crazy run to end the season and it was all came down to one game, we had to beat Dallas to win the division and make it to the playoffs. I already had tickets for the 4 night run at the Tab, the game was scheduled to start at 4:25, show at 8. Plan was to hang at a bar by the venue, then go in once it was over, but one problem happened, they flexed the game to a 8:15 kickoff. Not being able to choose between the two, I got the Tab early, found a small bar area on the second floor that had a giant TV and a comfy seat, that’s where I was for pretty much the entire show. There was a good amount of people around to watch Adrian Peterson come up 7 yards shy of breaking the rushing record, then UM came on right at kickoff and the place cleared out. Besides people occasionally coming in to buy drinks, it was just me and the bartender till set break. The nice part was I could hear the show just fine, and watch the game, to me it was the best of both worlds. The game ended and I got to my seat at the end of Night Nurse, 5 minutes before the second set ended.

3 Likes

because that venue sucks ass. bars, bathrooms and merch table right near the entrance so they optimize sales.

we didn’t get in til Turn & Run and the line was still fucken massive.

1 Like

Probably missed the first song at more summer camp sets than I’ve made. Though it gets blurry when you get specific about what counts as missing since a lot of those UM is coming on as I’m walking past the Soulshine stage - so I can faintly hear those opening notes.

Definitely missed all of Attachments at NYE 2016 despite being in line for over an hour before the show started, and I think I missed the start of a Fillmore NYE show a few years ago - 2017 maybe.

Think I missed the start of the First Ave show last year due to a similarly long line outside.

So all in all I’ve probably missed the start of a quarter of the shows I’ve been to.

4 Likes

this thread is for people who take their shows seriously. clearly you do not

4 Likes

My brother made us late to umbowl 1 because of the brewers.

1 Like

I don’t think I ever have?

1 Like

Quite a few. I like to party.

3 Likes

'08 Muncie and '10 Covington. One due to a stupid fucking venue hidden somewhere on campus with no signage or indication of where it was. And the other due to extremely overzealous security that still didn’t find our dr00gz.

1 Like

HOB Boston security lines baby. Fortunately didn’t miss any of 1/27/11 (greatest show of all time)

2 Likes

You misspelled 2/21/07

1 Like

Literally impossible for a show to be the best if it didn’t take place in the northeast

2 Likes

May have been the slowest entry into a venue ever.

Worse than 2016 nye

Heard the opening notes of Attachments from my phone while standing in the mile-long line outside of the Aragon. Missed basically the whole first set. I used to defend the Aragon until that night.

1 Like

Pretty sure we were walking in during Half Delayed at the GOAT 1/21/18 Beacon show

1 Like

Oh yea! How could I forget