How about them handapples?

I wouldn’t recommend @Random_Ass sucks with this monkeypox going around, but I won’t yuk your yum

6 Likes

Yum, @ass suck

2 Likes

I’m happy a friend got that video.
It’s only half of the solo, but it’s one I’m really proud of.

Song is about a friend of someone in the band who killed themselves and the band member had to fly out to pack up the guy’s belongings. My outro solo is the peak sadboi tearjerker moment in the song where everything catches up with the narrator.

3 Likes

Really sick dude, can’t wait to hear more

2 Likes

Going to be headlining The Wormhole in Savannah in no time at all.

2 Likes

Handapple is in the studio!!

18 Likes

Fuck yes my dude!

1 Like

We definitely have the right guy to engineer and help produce the album. Earlier today we were talking about mixing and he asked if I liked Steven Wilson…
Then later we had a discussion about how Alien is one of the pinnacles of cinematic achievements and he picked out our Star Wars reference without us asking.

And the music’s going well. It’s got more of a Kate Bush vibe than I originally thought.

4 Likes

Handapple has an album y’all. Super excited for you to hear it. I know it won’t be everyone here’s thing but I really think everyone who listens will find something they like. Each of the 8 songs sound pretty different but while keeping in the same universe. It’s really a headphone album, we put lots of stereo ear candies in for ya.

I’m calling it a post-progressive synth pop Kate Bush, another band member called it yacht prog.

The past 5 days have been like going to a music summer camp or something, it really felt like living a different life for a bit. Mornings were for listening to mixes on different speakers at home and making notes, then we get to the studio at noon and discuss comments on all songs, then get instrumental mixes on new songs ready in the afternoon, then track vocals, then edit vocals, fix the mix, and leave around 11pm to do it all again the next day.

Now to marinate on the mixes for a week then send them off to master.

14 Likes

Dude I can’t want to hear it! Proud of you

1 Like

This is super cool and love seeing this big milestone!

Can’t wait for the Handapple/Squeaky Feet double bill Appendage Tour.

3 Likes

I am down for that, though the other members are annoyingly resistant to extensive touring. I’m the youngest in the band by maybe 10 years.

My not so secret plan is to get them open to opening songs up for improv. Improv is a fun challenge for me since we don’t have a live drummer, but I have ideas.

3 Likes

Stoked to hear this!

1 Like

Congrats dude, very exciting!

2 Likes

That’s awesome dude, glad to hear it all came together so well! I miss days/weeks in the studio. With the right people it’s such a great environment

3 Likes

When you have that first hit Top 100 single you can hire Kris or Jake.

Let us know when the vinyl is released

1 Like

Don’t worry, we will be pressing it to wax

3 Likes

I’m going to pre-order on Amazon.

4 Likes

You motherfucker

2 Likes

Clearly the only way I order vinyl