Home Improvement (Bort additions)

I’m unaware if he has one. He has legitimately tried to join before using the name mags.

1 Like

I think you can view Umphreys discussion without having an account

1 Like

We met @gatroe through Mags at Burlington 2013. Stayed in the same hotel room. Also met @sociablehodor that day - dude gave me a ride as a Bort stranger up to Vermont when I flew into Manchester - sorry we missed ya last weekend homie! Good dude!

And we’re not sure what all the Mags beefs is about but in his defense, on that 2013 tour we (me, myself, and I if you haven’t caught on yet) got blacked out and kicked out of Northhampton second set for my face being covered in nose beers when asking security a question about ATM locations. Proceeded to wander around Northampton getting kicked out of multiple bars for doing blow at the bar and Terrence and his girlfriend at the time called me like 40+ times because they were my ride back to Boston (along with Naked Calvin) and he said if he would have gone one more exit he wouldn’t have turned back around for my ass. Good dude T-Money, saved my life as we had a 7AM flight to SFO out of Logan that morning.

Since we had been on tour with Mags, all my stuff was in his car/hotel room that night so we used my corporate FedEx account to mail back my luggage, including a Macbook and iPad for work. His parents had to go through my stuff first though to make sure we weren’t setting them up to mail me drugs though lol. So we appreciate Mags for getting me my shit back from Boston to Portland via an old FedEx account we had access to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yah buddy I regretted it big time. Miss you man. Should have snuck away from my section to find ya. Next time for sure

It appears you missed a lot on the last bort. There were a multitude of factors that led to his ban but ultimately the worst of it (IMO) it boils down to him calling someone a very offensive word and not tongue in cheek either. We’re better off without him. He had terrible terrible right-wing views and constantly refused to back up anything he said or engage in any substantive political discourse despite constantly reminding everyone he had a poli-sci degree from Providence College.

We tried the find ya with the Chickenhatdudes right after the encore with my drunken ass yelling, “MATTTTTTTT!!! RYANNNNNNNN!!!” at these strangers in Chicken Hats having a conversation and when we finally caught their attention they said y’all had already bounced. :frowning:

Must of missed the last few Mag sagas on the last Bort. And now that makes sense why Noah, @NJH973 or whatever his handle was went to bat for him. They both went to Providence College so maybe there was some overlap in their time there or just Providence Pride.

We will say if Noah rubbed you the wrong way it was a bad first impression. We met him in line waiting for doors at Buffalo 3.4.10 and we hung out in Austin when he lived down their briefly and we’ve done some tour together. He was out here for the last Oregon shows so it was good to catch up all three nights.

We’ve always believed in giving three chances to most folks. Once is chance, twice is coincidence, and thrice is a pattern when it comes to how some people are. Don’t let first impressions ruin potential lifelong friendships is my perspective!

EDIT: It was 3.3.10 in Syracuse on second thought. In the 3.4.10 line in Buffalo we met Jake and his dad. Forget his last name or if he ever had a handle on the Bort - @thefussyasianman knew him we think. He was friends with BananamanPat and they toured pretty hard 2011-2013 IWRC.

1 Like

Ugh, this is going to annoy me all day today. I know exactly who you’re talking about and I can’t remember his bort handle for the life of me. Ugh!!!

You talking about Jakestache?

3 Likes

I’m surprised he didn’t have a limo take it to you

4 Likes

Didn’t he crash at my house the same night you did for one of the Meijer Garden shows? I think the only way I can connect with him these days is through LinkedIn…lol

1 Like

Bingo! Thanks for the reminder!

1 Like

Might be…

1 Like

Good dude

2 Likes

Bort is back working on Safari for me. No changes or updates on my end but thanks @ass for handling that for me

2 Likes

Is this a nomination for mod of the year?

Congratulations @ass

4 Likes

Now I can’t get used to clicking safari again and keep using google chrome

1 Like

You’re welcome

2 Likes

Is there a way to see a list of all the threads you have muted? I can’t remember which ones I muted, want to see if I’ve changed my mind.

1 Like

Preferences > Notifications > Categories and hit the “show” button next to muted

2 Likes

Quick, everybody delete all the shitty things you said about @James in the �������� thread.

4 Likes

Gracias

1 Like