Home Improvement (Bort additions)

The bort’s jumped the shark

We appreciate the work you do to make this place better. But personally I like it better without sigs or emojis. Just seems cluttered now.

you can disable sigs for now, and we can have a vote in a week. Since i can’t make decisions

I agree the emojis are a bit much. i think if there was just a thumbs down next to the heart (2 options instead of 100s) it would be much cleaner.

5 Likes

I don’t think I like the emoji reacts either. The simple heart works well I think

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 6.18.59 PM

these are just ugly. Let’s go back to the way it was

I fucking hate them. Don’t like the sigs either.

Of course everyone whines for a thumbs down option then whines when they get a thumbs down option.

It will get yanked out when it gets yanked out

1 Like

I think folks were just envisioning another button next to the heart that functions the same way; not an unlimited emoji reaction that doesn’t really fit with the design.

^ this

Also not sure about sigs yet either. I’m reluctant to change but I also want a heady sig for the bros

This. Is it not possible to have one that blends in with the UI right next to the heart? If it’s not then let’s abort everything .

End it like an Umphrey’s circa 2014-16 jam

FTFY

Most anything with software is possible given enough time and money.

The better question:

Is there another plugin for different UI like interface already written besides retort? If so, find it, and I’ll implement it. I’ll pull this one out soon.

You are welcome to browse discourse plugins to suggest things or whatever. But I’m not doing any sort of custom work beyond adding plugins.

1 Like

Harp emojis

2 Likes

I’m totally fine with no sigs also

Love the Sig’s now that I subconsciously know it isn’t part of the post. The emoji thing not so much.

emoji retorts are gone. Also got a data explorer plugin installed for easy SQL querying of the database. Added cakes for people’s bday. If you havent entered your bday it will default to your join date.

We can find out all sorts of cool stats stuff with the SQL querying

1 Like

Seems the broken twitter links issue is common. There is a work around but I do not know what that shit involves.

Heh he said “borken”

When I was kid learning saxophone or guitar (I forget which) I had a music book with the song “May the Circle be Unborken.” Always cracked me up.

1 Like