HOF 2006 Discussion

Easily the best thing they did in 2006. A+ segment of music

Yeah, last nights setlist brought me here. Someone give me a fire 06 (or 08) show Iā€™ve never heard.

Donā€™t wanna SU&R

7/6/06 is what you want. Set 1 and encore are so good

1 Like

I always forget about this bc its the one fall 06 show I missed hahaha. 100% belongs on this though!

10/4/06 is one of my favs. That resolution has a beautiful soaring uplifting first jam (with some actually good bass playing from stassdick). Itā€™s too bad they donā€™t really play those types of jams anymore because they used to be so good at it. 21 min unfinished fancy opener which is never a bad thing, plus a very good reprise in the 2nd set

2 Likes

Actually I just relistened and I would categorize that fancy reprise as excellent

one of my all time favorite shows.

1 Like

Itā€™s so good. That fancy reprise really is a fucking banger. They peak the ever loving shit out of it for like 5 minutes. They used to be so good :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Donā€™t think itā€™s been mentioned yet, but 3/10/06 Sociable Jimmy (with Intentions Clear jam) is my all time favorite and most played track in iTunes. The transition back from the jam into the haunting piano outro and Joelā€™s playing on the outro are sublime.

1 Like

Yeah, that show has some great moments. In addition to that Sociable Jimmy, the 3X & Junk are super solid as well. Loved that show so much at the time. We had 2nd row right in front of BB.

:beers:

1 Like

The August was a fantastic version as well. One of my favorite shows to listen to front-to-back. It had some setlist choices that seemed odd at the time (like Morning Song and Liquid closing out sets), but the whole show has a great flow if you skip the standardtown Plunger encore. Liquid was a great moment because that was the debut and we had only heard the studio version at that point and had no idea what an awesome/weird/beautiful jam would get tacked on to the end.

1 Like

Yeah, canā€™t believe I forgot to mention that August (ā€œthanks for the bedā€)ā€¦.

Allllll about the 2/10 FF

Church

1 Like

It might be my fav um jam of all time

1 Like

Would add the 9/27/06 Resolution to this.

Also, Iā€™ve been trying to remember which jam this is for a bit, and maybe @Southern_Dan will remember - there was a jam I think in the NE in the Fall of '06 that the old Bort referred to as the ā€œFart Stewā€ for awhile, because someone in the crowd literally ripped a nasty one during that jam.

Canā€™t remember what show/song this was, halp?

I think the fart Stew and that Buffalo Reso are one in the same lmfao

1 Like

Lol, go figure!

2 Likes

Not sure if Iā€™ve heard this but playing it now. I love that Hey 19 opens the set really sets the tone for the rest of the set when they throw a jam in a cover to open things.

Youā€™ve forsure heard that second set.

Hey 19 > Blue Echo > HBB > Higgins > HBB

Show has 57.5 minutes of improv if you make a sandwich.

2 Likes

The Blue Echo just started so Iā€™m going to let it ride here in case I havenā€™t. I had most of the soundboards back in the day so I definitely listened to everything I could get my hands onto at the time.

1 Like