Hall of Fame 2019

3/29 idm is the obvious choice but I think I’d have to give it to WW&S as runner up for that night

Spires runner up I on then ryman shows as a whole.

Can’t wait to be furious about the results of a compilation album I would’ve never listened to either way

2 Likes

Is there no way for me to see my picks again after I submitted and moved onto another tab? Feel like they were emailed to me last year but maybe I made that up.

Yes.

For 3/30 I’d say the Divisions was the highlight for me, but if any of the Ryman jams make it I’ll be happy. Some of the most fun I’ve had seeing shows

Having a hard time seeing the hype for 7/3. The first 3-4 mins is a Regulate jam with Roundabout teases. Yeah the second half is great but what am I missing?

4/4 has a great first half peak with a great transition to the heavy chugging with some twinkly Bayliss riff behind it. The last drop out to just bass and keys with the ascending riff to that fucking massive peak is so huge. 4/4 all day.

I’m always against calling something a JOTY when there’s a good amount of the jam being a cover or teases. It’s my big knock on 8/15 Plunger with the MITA teases. Also because 2/15 is just better.

If y’all just copy this, I might actually buy the vinyl.

2 Likes

To me it really depends on the teases. The way they blend the Regulate w/ Sailing is really smooth and the peak is massive, hugely sustained. The peak on the 7/3 version is more memorable than anything from the 4/4.

Similarly for Meeting in the Aisle teases in that Plunger…it is so smoothly woven into the jam, plus Radiohead teases are always welcome.

The 8/30 Linear has the best Linear peak of the year tbh imho yolo tgif

1 Like

Are the shows I attended the only good ones?

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Yes definitely

7 Likes

It’s obviously just personal preference but it’s hard for me to say something is a top notch JOTY when a fair amount of it isn’t original with 3 different teases thrown in there. There’s a better case to be made for 8/15 Plunger IMO because it’s actual improv with a nicely placed tease. I love Radiohead so I don’t mind but for someone who could care less about them, I can see it as a slight knock. 8/15 is amazing so I’m just looking for anything I can nitpick because I’m a 2/15 BK Plungie fluffboi.

1 Like

Yeah like for example the tasteful ATH tease in Baldwinsville Hey 19

All the Brooklyn steel jams especially Blecho.

10/10 worth my gf being pissed at me for seeing UM Valentine’s Day would do again.

1 Like

I’m so glad we’re still all touching dicks about the Brooklyn run. What a run.

Nice I got half of the ones he has on there. Big time 3/29 fanboi though.

3/29 SOTY Cumfirmed

I would pick the 3/21 GYM or Comma Later over that Dump but it is def worth hearing. They lock into a real unique groove behind that Stasik bassline, really interesting jam.

RC: doesn’t vote, won’t listen, will bitch anyways

2 Likes