Go To Hell

Through the Cracks! I’ve completely forgotten about that tune. I caught the debut on 3.10.2012. I really enjoyed it live and had no clue that I was witnessing a debut. The vocals were rough when they debuted it but I thought it had a lot of potential.

I kinda liked Through the Cracks. Better than Comma Later imo

I can’t think of Through the Cracks, but I remember not caring for it when it debuted I think at Summercamp?

Comma Later also has bad/forced vocals

Man I forgot about comma later. Thanks a lot guys :slightly_frowning_face:

Don’t miss that song at all.

Fumbling at the door, walk into the light…
Falling through the cracks, on to you tonight…

comma later is definitely in my top 5 do not wants. makes me feel like i wasted my precious coin on a ticket for that show.

I love comma later. As close as UM can get to covering the Dan without covering the Dan

3 Likes

Well said.

All for it as well. Uplifting and bright. Wanna say 2/21/14 had a good jam on it

I’ve never understood the Dan comparison. Slunds nothing like steely dan (other than having some jazzy sounding chords I guess?)

1 Like

Hard to say. The first 30 seconds just scream Dan to me

1 Like

I just assume people think 7th chords = steely dan…

I think there’s a little more to it than that. Less about structure and more about vibe. I can only speak for myself tho

I have always felt the Dan comparisons. I mean the jazzy chords do have a lot to do with it. But the chorus group harmonies, clean crisp guitar tones, bright tempo, etc.

Through the Cracks was pretty good, I feel like that was def recorded for Sim Skin…

Never knew there was so much hate for Comma. I don’t mind it.

Didn’t the band/Jake make the Dan comparison?

I think Comma Later is great. I’m a sucker for their groovier tunes that have jazzy chords, a lot of space, and driving, funk beats. It’s a welcome break from some of the heavier, more intense stuff in a set.

I love Comma Later. And No Comma. I could do with more songs like these . . .

(Kind of like when Sociable Jimmy and Example 1 were debuted.)

2.2.11 was when Jake said “That song was called Go To Hell” then Bayliss goes “As in, if you don’t like that song, then you can Go to Hell”

Count me as a Through The Cracks fan as well, thought they gave up on that one too quickly.