Festivals

The storm that passed through last night was pretty weird, not forecasted at all, with a fair amount of lightning. People were complaining that they didn’t start playing again after the storm, ignoring the fact that there are probably agreements with the local township on times how late they could go on Sunday night.

Festival cancellations all over the place due to high costs and low sales. Then you have a major EDM event that’s been sold out for months that gets wrecked by weather. Putting on a festival is a risky proposition these days.

1 Like

Camping Festivals are definitey starting to fade out. Excited i have 3 this summer to soak in that enviornemnt a bit. Doubt i will get too many more in life

1 Like

Looks like 3ish hours of the fest got cancelled Saturday and 2-2.5 hours on Sunday. Can’t really argue that counts as grounds for a refund.

Would be pretty bummed if I went and the Saturday SCI sets and Sunday techno acts got canceled. Looks like the afters stage went on but got shit down due to crowd size and medical emergencies

When you buy a ticket for an outdoor event, espesially a multi-day camping event, you are taking the risk of weather

These noobs are entitled and soft

7 Likes

It’s seems to me that these Festivals have all sorts of disclaimers when people buy tickets. There won’t be any refunds, and there shouldn’t be.

3 Likes

These kids will always suck at taking drugs.

3 Likes

A bass music afters stage way over capacity will always bring in a rough crowd, even if I’d still be all about it

1 Like

My homie is the promoter that books the talent for that stage lol. Love the guy but his events are not my cup of tea.

1 Like

If they offer ticket insurance, custy up.

1 Like

Solid as always but not mind blowing. Sword reunion is dope. A lot of unfamiliar names I’m excited to explore.

I was itching to go this year and couldn’t swing it so I’m kind of glad that it’s good not great. Really going to try for next year since our calendar will be a bit more open.

1 Like

Really want to make it to this and austin psych fest one of these years. Not sure if this is the year unfortunately.

Meet me in Austin 2025 bro

1 Like

Lol. A bunch of people paid $350 for tickets to this event. Organizers cancelled all headliners and aren’t offering refunds. Denying people Creed in hard times is just mean.

Updated lineup on their website features SIX tribute bands.

7 Likes

Almost seems criminal

They were denied Creed via email.

9 Likes

Won a free ticket to this UK fest I’m going to. Either I got really lucky or sales suck…I think we know the answer

7 Likes

“Send free tickets to all the Americans, they’ll be forced to spend more money here than the local”

-festival promoters, probably

2 Likes

What if you did?
What if you lied?
What if I avenge?
What if eye for an eye?

1 Like

I might! I just might!

3 Likes