Favorite Daves/Dicks picks

Lemme have em!!

Volume 8 immediate comes to mind. So many good ones…

Volume 3 is my goto…

My all time favorite is Dave’s Picks Vol 1…my bday show in may 77

Dave’s or Dicks?

I’m assuming he means Dicks. Such a classic. That second set rips so hard. The Dancing > Morning Dew, Viola segment is fuego.

Edit: My parents used to play Dicks Picks records on road trips. My favs are 19, 24 (cow palace, wall of sound show) , and 32. Warm fuzzy feelings of home.

Also the Dicks Picks podcast on Spotify is really fucking cool. If you havent listened I highly recommend.

1 Like

both those dudes are incredible. steve and rob are great writers and knowledgeable dudes, excellent music follows for anyone on twitter.

I’ve had Dave’s 7 and 9 on repeat for a week or so. Will check out the rest that have been recommended. Thanks fam!

DP#2 is a perfect 60 mins

Dicks Picks Vol. 12 has always been a favorite of mine. The whole thing slays, but I’m a huge sucker for that 40 min WRS.

I listened to Dicks Picks 18 today, and this has to be one of the best ones I’ve heard. Not sure why it wasn’t on my radar before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPlF3lgDTpM
DAVES PICKS 1 YALL

Haven’t listened to the Dead in a while but popped on 12 and this one smokes.

1 Like

I worked at a Ben and Jerry’s in high school and got a $20 tip from a Dead Head because I was playing Dicks Picks 10 in the shop.

1 Like

dunno if fav, but the new daves picks 43 has been hitting the spot today. going daves to dicks as DXPX#2 is on deck