Fall Tour 2023

Some weird reason they don’t play in Milwaukee anymore. Used to get at least a show a year for their whole career. Now it’s looking likely we are getting skipped again on the 25th anniversary tour. Unless they bring back Halloween run which I would be happy about.

2 Likes

Salt Shed indoors is probably too big for UM these days, but I’d love if they could play Radius or literally anywhere else in Chicago. I know I’m preaching to the choir here but the Riv sucks so fucking much. Can’t believe they want to spend another NYE at that dilapidated shithole.

3 Likes

After going to radius and salt shed in the last few months, I’m pretty much never going to riv or aragon again.

2 Likes

I’d love to see the list of renovations that have taken place since Thin Lizzy played there in 1976. I’d imagine the only things they’ve ever spent real money on is structural/electrical shit

.moe played the Bottom Lounge on their 25th anniversary tour, I’d be all over UM at basically any non Aragon/Riv venue.

3 Likes

damn, moe. at the bottom lounge must have been full of power

3 Likes

it was bottom lounge → two nights at the Concord Music Hall

man, Chicago has so many shitty venues

2 Likes

I think they replaced the balcony seats last year, but yea that has to be literally it.

1 Like

they did, but that was directly influenced by them wanting to sell individual seated tickets. can’t ask somebody to pay $60 to sit on exposed springs so that got addressed.

4 Likes

Remember the ninja security guy that jumped out of the shadows when he saw us smoking?

5 Likes

fucken nuts. imagine what society would be like if everybody took their job that serious

also doesn’t seem professional to rock a ski mask as a security guard but maybe that’s just me.

8 Likes

That guy was all over me like 10 times for smoking at UMbowl. Why even waste your time talking to me just kick me out if you are that serious. I don’t believe in rules after about the 10th beer.

4 Likes

my buddy and I tried to sneak a smoke in during first setbreak at the absolute top above all the balconies and we got caught. A JamUSA employee tried to kick us out and my buddy told him he can’t (which was accurate) and the dude just kept getting angrier and angrier while my buddy talked him in circles. Ended with the employee yelling “well, welll… YOU’RE AN ASS”

5 Likes

I got yelled at for even going up in the balcony during the show because I wanted to take a seat for a song or 2 because I didn’t know what planet I was on. Not even sure what crime I committed that time.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/umphreysmcgee/status/1666128167755558944?s=20

Higher Ground Oct 25/26

4 Likes

So UMBowl Boston 10/27 & 28?

3 Likes

Likewise, since Athens is below it on that shirt, I guess I’ll clear my calendar for Athens the first weekend of November :slight_smile:

1 Like

Late November I believe :blush:

1 Like

*Late November/early December

2 Likes

Correct

1 Like

That being a Wed/Thursday run leaves the rest of the weekend pretty open. They can squeeze a 4 night run right there

1 Like