Couch Tour Thread

I have no problem paying $15 for a live stream every now and then. Whether it cuts out or not is a different question. I haven’t been truly tourgig’d in quite a while. I’m way more inclined to pay $15 for a stream now considering there is no live music I can attend.

Many artists including some members of UM have already been doing that sort of thing for months on live lesson masters. It’s nothing new.

I definitely have no problem paying for streams, either. I bought four of the Billy Strings streams, I bought the moe. stream last weekend, I have bought endless UM streams, etc.

1 Like

I was referring to the private soundcheck part specifically. If people have the disposable income and want the more intimate experiences so be it. I’m not in the financial situation to do things like that, but if I was loaded I might consider it.

I was not aware of that option. I agree with what you are saying, but also, KB’d.

I can’t speak to TourGigs quality as I rarely buy streams in recent years. But just doing a quick search of my emails and looking back at announcements for previous couch tours over the years I can see that your claim that the price is consistently going up is simply untrue. Most every individual stream is usually $12-15. The first stream I found I bought was the 3 night Riverside run in 2013. The bundle was $36.

I have definitely paid over $12-15 for UM streams in the last two years

They were $20 all last year.

Just got a text from my buddy that says

@Random_Ass I definitely saw them at $9.99, wanna say it was even $7.99 at one point. By the time of 2/20/15, they were $15. Asheville w/ Billy streams were closer to $20 a night with tax

1 Like

You know who streams for free?

4 Likes

omg

Wait For It

barber

8 Likes

DISCO BISCUITS

7 Likes

Maybe it costs more for two guys in UM to play acoustics on a couch, though. You never know.

im excited and ill pay all day but the price sucks, plain and simple. I’ll support them and understand where they are coming from, but 14.99/19.99 is pretty standard pricing for full band shows and they want to charge the same for 2 members on acoustic. Also, when tf are we going to hear anything about the warehouse show(s). Im beginning to think Jake was talkin out his ass a little bit on that one.

1 Like

They gotta buy those pants

1 Like

They’re probably planning some NYE type shit. OR absolutely nothing.

3 Likes

@StoneJackBaller

The last streams they did pre pandemic was Aspen. They were $15 a night. Before that, they streamed the four TN > NC shows, again $15 a night. Back in last fall, they did a three night run. Once again, $15 a night. Yes, sometimes they charge more, usually for special shows like NYE and UMbowl. But still usually it is $12-15.

I will probably buy it, too. I like supporting the band. I was simply ponting out that UM has a tendency (as we all know) to find ways to milk every little thing. VIP options, VIP shows every run. Holding out rare songs for events people pay more for, etc, and this felt like something that should cost less, considering what it is, and considering what others have charged for WAY better/more involved products.

2 Likes

I might custie up for this but I feel like they are gonna play the same acoustic tunes they always do. Great American, nemo, susannah, that’s the way, etc etc. Will still probably watch

1 Like

There were some at $10 I found, but that was the cheapest and there was no linear increase evident.