Couch Tour Thread

Contrarian theory: They also showed Kris’ setlist at one point, and I could clearly see “Plunger” marked in the usual spot where it would be. Guess we will find out.

I really appreciate the emphasis on segues this weekend. I also appreciate the good jamming. Nothing in that set completely shook my world (though the beautiful Night Nurse came close), but solid grooves, peaks, segues, and playing throughout and I’m pretty happy.

3 Likes

I thought they stopped after it doesn’t matter for a sec

To be completely fair, I will have to actually relisten to Maybe Someday > Night Nurse to see if that counts as a segue or not. Joel started playing Night Nurse pretty instantly, but a second of pause is a second of pause. In the meantime, since if they didn’t do it they came REALLY close, it’s fun to call it a stopless set :slight_smile:

1 Like

Generally I agree with you. Scott Marks and I argue over this all the time, as I find he is quite liberal with his use of > during Phish shows. But this was really quite close . . . Close enough to bicker over, rather than a pause and huddle sort of thing.

1 Like

They opened the second set with a stew?

4 Likes

Yup. ‘‘Twas good

3 Likes

@StoneJackBaller lol you win, even though everyone saw this damn bridgeless ending cuming…

2 Likes

So predictable :joy:

2 Likes

IMO every song 1st was >

Hate puppet. But whatever this jams is tight AF.

2 Likes

Fuck me this puppet jam rips. Factor seems to be killing it too

3 Likes

Yeah, Ben is slaying it on lights

1 Like

This Wappy has legs.

6 Likes

It’s been a decent show so far. No stream issues. Nice set list flow, segues, and jams.

2 Likes

Nice, and a jammed out Floor. Man, this show pretty great. I’m going to the chicago shows, and hoping they’ll be just as exploratory

2 Likes

I love Floor jams

8 Likes

Also, how long has ben been using this screen? I haven’t seen it yet before. I enjoy how he uses it sparingly

Pretty sure it’s the venues

Synco!!!

2 Likes

1348, NN, Puppet have been great. This show rips. You negative nancies can all go to hell and die.

4 Likes

And so far so good with tour gigs. Tonight is a night where I can actually say I’m proud UM is my favorite band

2 Likes