Controversial Opinions

I don’t like dub/reggae jams at all.

3 Likes

Controversial opinion: they’ve reeled back the jamming a little over the years but they were always stunt guitar and never really loose and patient. Ok maybe more patient, but there’s no UM past like 2003 I would define as particularly loose

1 Like

I’d like to second this point.

1 Like

WSPFUX > UM

2 Likes

I still get the fuck down to a standard no improv August or AiT.

Hell even 2x2

the disco biscuits are for grown ups

umphreys mcgee is for little babies that poop in their pants

3 Likes

For all of the cringe things UM has done, they’ve never had black light mimes at one of their shows.

5 Likes

i mean, zonkey is probably the lamest thing i’ve ever heard from any band. and that’s not hyperbole, it’s an embarrassment.

also mimes are pretty gay. so i love them

4 Likes

Come stumble my mirth beaten worker

3 Likes

Bisco is overrated
Zonkey is their best album since Mantis
KB is a convenient scapegoat for the band’s decisions
They’re well into their back nine

Until they’re not

2 Likes

I don’t consider 2/21/07 to be the greatest UM show ever. It’s not even the best show of ‘07.

Agreed, this is the most overrated '07 show.

The ic → synco is long but nowhere near GOAT UM jam. Meanders and doesn’t peak. 10klf jajunk dance party goes 10x harder.

5 Likes

Doesn’t peak?? Bruh

2 Likes

If you got hate in your heart, let it out

1 Like

I think the 10klf jajunk is a slop fest mess with Bayliss and jake never locking up during the peak

1 Like

I find it to be a fun an interesting pattern that flows nicely out of one of my favorite composed UM sections.

I’d take the reso from the night after over the ic synco as well. Not as long, more interesting and engaging to me

2 Likes

I can’t listen to pre-2010 UMlives because I think they sound like trash

3 Likes

This thread is significantly worse than the Hot Takes and Controversial Opinions Thread. Also, no one has slandered Christmas, Halloween, etc. yet so this thread automatically sucks.

2 Likes