2/13 or 2/14/09
5/30/09
8/27/09
10/3/09
10/10/09
11/12/09
11/18/09

2 Likes

I’ve definitely heard a good amount of these but I haven’t dove back into old UM in awhile. Those soundcaressed SBD’s just sound like absolute @ass which is another reason why I prefer newer UM

how many fireworks did they shoot off during the second set? No pyro, no party.

during this show there were fireworks going off during the Tribute Jam and a few other times during set two.

2 Likes

1/21/18 is the best show

7 Likes

Not controversial enough for this thread because we are all in agreement #embracetheevent

1 Like

10/31/14 is comparable

2 Likes

I was in attendance for both and I’d give the nod to 10/31/14 as the worst. At least I got 1 minute of ATN and shut down nitrous alley with the crew for 1/21/18. 10/31 was just a disaster all around.

1 Like

1/21 was almost funny once we realized what was happening. 10/31 was just a nonstop kick in the balls

2 Likes

7/10/09
9/04/09
10/07/09 - SOTY as far as I’m concerned

2 Likes

The sound even went out for a couple mins too lol. Show was a joke. At least the next night was awesome

1 Like

That is the most falsely advertised 29 AIT. There’s about 14 mins of improv and the rest is composition. Give me ATL N2S2 over this S2 any day.

2 Likes

That R2B segment is stellar!

1 Like

10/3/09

2 Likes

That’s the beauty with UM. They have so much diversity in their sets that their fans can’t even agree on what the best shows are. Speaks volumes for them IMO.

11/2/11 would be a top 10 for me. But I can understand why that show isn’t everybody’s cup of tea.

1 Like

Phish on their best night still has a pedo on bass. Never catching my dollars.

8 Likes

Great take for this thread. “Only” a 14 min jam, which is still longer than 99.8% of all UM jams.

That said, yeah that show was absolute fire for the first ~hour. Rest of it was definitely a bit of a letdown.

4 Likes

First set rips, one the best Ninjas

1 Like

I think “only” is more a reference to the track time being over 29 minutes and it only being about 45% improv. They’ve definitely put longer jams in shorter All in Times.

Yeah I went straight to the AIT when it was mentioned. I definitely listened to this show before and the first set is great but 14 mins of improv in a whole second set just doesn’t do it for me.

There is also a slight divisions tease so you know we have to knock a bit off that improv clock :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I mean back in the day a “standard” All in Time was much longer since they drew out the second half much more.

Honestly getting very nostalgic for the days when you would go to a show hoping for a standard AIT.