Cheese: the SCI thread

1 Like

the publican fucks so hard. excellent choice!

1 Like

The Austin shows were received very well by the fan base. Katie and I attended N2 and N3. Thought both nights were good, N3 tapered off in the second half of S2. Didnā€™t dig into much else other than N3 of Denver Turkey day run and that S2 was great. The Hula shows were not good from what I heard.

1 Like

I saw 2 red rocks shows and 1 mission ballroom show this year, and loved all 3 of them. I am not a SCI connoisseur by any means, so I donā€™t know all of their catalog or their tendencies in each song, but I had a blast at all 3 shows.

I remember thinking one of the red rocks shows was just as good as UMā€™s best nights at red rocks this summer.

1 Like

I was at this show and can confirm it was great.

Good to know. Pretty sure I have only seen one SCI show the last 5+ years.

1 Like

N1 of the last Aud run was really good. They played an ā€œauditoriumā€ jam which was easily a top 3 jam Iā€™ve ever seen from SCI, but the tapes never made it out alive. Would love to hear that again

Cheese at Hula the time I saw them was horrendous. EFF sets in 2018 were bad too. If not for that Aud run, Iā€™d be completely off the SCI wagon. Indoor cheese rules. Detroit 15 still the best SCI show Iā€™ve seen

1 Like

Are you going to be there?

My girl and I are doing Goose > Billy

1 Like

I had SCI NYE tix purchased for us and it was the first fight I ever got in with the ā€œwifeā€. She absolutely hates SCI.

1 Like

Has she heard Smile? Shits ā€œfire.ā€

2 Likes

I ended up showing her all the unreal 1st Bank balldrops, so that humbled her, but we both like Goose so it was a happy medium. More friends ended up selling SCI tix anyways. I am meeting her family for the first time that weekend as well, since shes from Chi. Wish me luck haha.

2 Likes

Good luck bud!! I think I am going to this on the 30th if you want something to do after you get done honking and waddling. Should be a blast.

1 Like

Good job. I try to avoid them too. Last time I saw them was @ Lockn when they did UM > SCI > UM > SCI on main stage or something like that. Jfc the cringe with that crowd. Theyā€™re all so fucking nice. It makes me sick

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be sure to sucker punch a glittery couple for you.

2 Likes

Wonder what the set times for this will be? Always drives me nuts w/DJ parties, I never know when people are playing. There will be 6 DJs in the lineup with no schedule.

1 Like

Fucking love the cheese crowd. Nothing compares.

2 Likes

I donā€™t even like my cheese friends.

3 Likes

I dont dislike SCI. There was even a time when I was a young buck that I used to go fawn around with the Glitter Bambies.

They are easy to make fun of, but plenty of bands I hate more. If anything I respect their staying power.

Jambands come and go, but the only ones that last are the ones who bring something unique to table.

SCI - Bluegrass/Funk/Dance (seems generic now but wasnā€™t then)
WSP - Southern Rock jam
UM - Prog jam
tDB - jamtronica
STS9 - drumNbass
Phish - Phish

So gotta respect the ones who actually carved themselves out a little piece of heaven in the jamband cringe pie.

1 Like