Billy Strings

Damn it already got taken down

Haha fuck. I was literally in middle of watching it when it got ripped down.

I did find this though. Fuckin love Billy’s Deal solo. He should play electric more often:

https://youtu.be/47K5xU6bajo

Vid is only first three tunes: Mississippi Uptown, Deal, Jack-a-Roe

Edit: here is a video of set 2:

2 Likes

Night 2

China Cat Sunflower > Thunder [1], Eyes of the World > Sitting Here in Limbo [2], New Railroad/I’ve Been All Around this World [3] > Loser, US Blues

Tangled Up in Blue, Cassidy > Birdsong > Dark Star > Franklin’s Tower > Birdsong, Midnight Moonlight > Brokedown Palace

[1] Robert Hunter lyrics, Billy Strings music
[2] David Grisman and Jerry Garcia
[3] Mashup of New Railroad (Crooked Still) and I’ve Been All Around this World (Grateful Dead)

Thunder and Cassidy both had some weird Magner action. Cassidy melted nicely into Birdsong. Acoustic Billy for the mashup, real nice. Highlight was the Cassidy through Birdsong

Tonight was a bit toned back compared to yesterday but they are getting comfortable and tomorrow will be the heat.

5 Likes

Streaming tonight, figured I have to catch one of these.

It’s official. Billy admits that John Mayer is the GOAT.

5 Likes

fuck the negativity in the first place - that sucks that he felt compelled to address said negativity.

1 Like

Damn I didn’t realize people were shutting on him. Glad I got off social media, what a drag

It’s all fucking nonsense. I think the whole thing started by somebody saying he still wasn’t better than John Mayer in the Billy page just exploded

What post was that comment on?

no idea. i dont have facebook - im just responding to the screenshot

I’ll ask the “wife” when I get home

That’s an intagram comment pretty sure

what a dumbass off-topic comment. an on-topic comment would be to discuss the musicians that WERE present and the music THEY created.

a more appropriate bitch fest would have been “billy strings is better than tom hamilton at guitar, but worse than tom hamilton at scarves”

3 Likes

ha, all those platforms i dont use look the same to me

Regardless, I’ve always respected how humbled Billy seems. And his stoke and appreciation for other artists is awesome.

1 Like

Booking my room for the Louisville shows right now, only doing Sat-Sun but still stoked af.

1 Like

Still no word on camping upgrades for Legend Valley?

Nothing. Not a word.

Pretty shitty that there’s no info about it yet.