Big Wreck

This is one of my favorite rock bands out there right now. Ian Thornley is possibly the best slide player I’ve ever seen - and yeah that include Derek Trucks. And he also can belt like Chris Cornell. Dude’s a baller. They’re returning to the stage tomorrow for a live stream.

1 Like

Bumping this here. Ian Thornley is the fucking man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU4SwIqwcZY

first time I’ve seen anything Big Wreck that wasn’t an ATD bort post. I can now confirm that this band is real and not just an elaborate ploy laid out by @AlexTheDictator

2 Likes

You should go. Ian Thornley will blow your mind.

1 Like

Small American tour starts later this month! Fucking stoked on the Oakland date. Always a must see.

I know @opsopcopolis likes King’s X and this has a bit of overlap. I’m still surprised I’m the only borter that knows and loves this band. Ian Thornley is one helluva guitar player. I know @cshore knows his Suhr players too.

Starting at 4:24 in this tune. David Gilmour with Petrucci chops. And a little Cornell vocals.

I swear this band is real.

So fucking good.

It’s rare when you see a band and are impressed by the lead singer and the lead guitar player is the same dude.

I didn’t know Petrucci was known for his SRV licks

they’re pretty much the exact same player

Every new album takes some time to digest, but this track grabbed me immediately. Some Rush vibes. Next week in Oakland!

1 Like

Big fan of Albatross! Only other person I recognize on stage is the dude from Mother Mother? Anyways, great tune.

1 Like

Albatross is definitely one of their best songs.

Rick Beato giving Ian Thornley the proper love.