Best sets by year

Here’s an oddball first set that you’ll never see again. I used to revisit this one a lot. Jammed out Roulette and Morning Song is very rare.

6 Likes

I was thinking it’d be sick to do a listening club or something. Take a stroll down improv ave as a fam

2 Likes

Not sure. I’m pretty sure it was titled “Best UM show EVER?” Something like that. I miss the UMGold threads too. I loved going through those.

Maybe as early as 2012…pretty sure I updated it as the thread would go along tho for years. The list would be kinda deep in the responses, as I wasn’t thread OP and couldn’t edit first post.

This is the best show they e ever played.

The best show they’ve played in the last 6 years is 9/26/15

2 Likes

9/26/15 is a top 5 show for me. One of those shows where you walk out and just know it was a heater.

1 Like

Yup. You knew they weren’t fucking around this show when they didn’t even do a prerecorded intro (this is when they did them all the time) and dropped right into Tribute

2 Likes

That’s hilarious because I was typing that exact same thing in my last post but got rid of it lol

3 Likes

12/28/2013 was pretty great. Not best ever, but top tier for 2013 (since we are going by year)

4 Likes

Jajunk. Triple wide. Bottom half. All fantastic. That whole New Years run is special.

2 Likes

For sure the next night redman set was super savage as well

1 Like

I took like 8 first timers from my frat to this show. The first set fucked with most of them.

3 Likes

One of the best nights of my life.

1 Like

That set is hands down one of my favorite sets I’ve ever seen. Redman blew my mind and fits in so well with the boys. Also awesome that a 12 year old went note for note with Jake

3 Likes

UM runs are almost always better in the Fillmore than RR unfortunately

They made a bunch of positive changes tho…added some walk ways, put a million bucks in to new bathrooms, etc

2 Likes

11/02/06
2/21/07
6/8/07
4/3/08
6/5/08
10/23/08

1 Like

Love it, I’m putting on 9/26/15 as we speak. If someone finds that old best shows (or best sets) list and we can organize by year I think that would be a great thing to have on the site for people like me who find UM from other jambands and always nerded out by knowing all the best sets of those other bands and want to know the best sets of UM. Great community with so many amazing responses to a first time poster.

7 Likes

12/3/04
11/9/05
3/16/06
3/22-24/07
2/27/08
2/28/08

3 Likes

Love this run

4 Likes

Oh 7/19/07 is on up there for GOAT. Stretched out festy set, but that junk is one of if not my favorite UM dance party I’ve ever heard.

And that doesn’t even count the monster fir, mff, divisions, etc

4 Likes