Best setlist by each member

It’s been a while since I’ve made a thread to ask a UM question, and I’m pretty bored right now. I’ve gathered that Joel setlists are usually loved and BB setlists are… not loved so much. Has BB ever produced a great setlist or has a show that looks rough ever outperform the song choices?

Pony setlists usually kick ass, afaict

11/6/14 would like a word with you. Stasik wrote one of the worst set lists of all time that night. Still to this day easily one of the worst shows I’ve seen.

8 Likes

Bayliss = pop schlock and “wide appeal” songs that nobody likes
Pony = cock rock and disjointed sets that have bad flow
Joel = jam vehicles and deep cuts/rarities

7 Likes

But Stasik can do good sets. 7/15/22, 8/9/15 for example.

1 Like

Sooooooooooooo bad

1 Like

Wade sets are usually solid.

1 Like

Idk if I’d say BB setlists aren’t well loved, you can just tell when a shitty set is a BB set. Most of the great UM shows are probably BB sets

4 Likes

Wasn’t there a Kalamazoo show with a pretty/heavy/pretty setlist that Stasik wrote?

Probably the worst UM show I’ve seen was on BB’s birthday and he most definitely wrote the setlist and there was all of 45 seconds of improv basically. Even the song selection was trash. Having said that I’m sure he wrote setlists for some of the best shows I’ve seen back in the day too.

Was that the white River lawn show? That set list sucked ass and only improv was in encore slot I believe.

No it was Burlington in …2016 maybe?, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were others.

Ya that show sucked. The 2012 BB birthday show was a bit better. But the Burlington (2015 maybe) waterfront show also sucked

1 Like

I missed that waterfront show, sounds like I didn’t miss much

not sure how you’d confirm, but a handful of weeks after this show (which I love to death) Stasik claimed to have written it. Cant recall where I asked him…

February 17, 2012 Umphrey’s McGeeLifestyle Communities PavilionColumbus, OH, USA

Set 1: There’s No Crying In Mexico > Eat, Got Your Milk (Right Here) > Out Of Order > Turn & Dub[1] > Der Bluten Kat > Red Tape > Der Bluten Kat

Set 2: Flamethrower > Conduit > End of the Road > August, Burnin’ for You[2], JaJunk[3]-> Wellwishers > JaJunk

Encore: Nemo > Red > Nemo

Footnotes:
[1] with Live and Let Die (Wings) teases
[2] debut, Blue Öyster Cult
[3] with Cowboys From Hell (Pantera), Walk (Pantera), and Seek & Destroy (Metallica) teases

Show Notes: last Red 2009-10-08 (269 shows)

I was at that Columbus show in 2012, cool if Stasik wrote that set. A good one.

I know of 2 Kris setlists.

February 8, 2014 Umphrey’s McGeeF-Shed At The MarketSyracuse, NY, USA

Set 1: October Rain > The Linear, Plunger, Booth Love[1] > Out Of Order, FF[2] > Wappy Sprayberry[3] > The Song Remains the Same

Set 2: Puppet String > Slacker, All In TimeNo Comment[4] > All In Time, End of the Road, Room to Breathe > Puppet String, 1348

Encore: Hot for Teacher, Front Porch

Footnotes:
[1] with Xxplosive (Dr. Dre) teases
[2] with Jake on keys
[3] with Wherever I May Roam (Metallica) teases
[4] with “Zsa Zsa Gabor, Fifi” lyrics

and just the first set of this one

October 17, 2012 Umphrey’s McGeeThe Capitol TheatrePort Chester, NY, USA

Set 1: Rocker Part 2, Words, Room to Breathe > Sociable Jimmy > Go to Hell, VisionsRoom to Breathe, Bright Lights, Big City

Set 2: Mulche’s Odyssey, Dump City > It’s About That TimeDump City, 2x2Glory2x2 > Theresa > 2x2, I Am the Walrus[1] > Nothing Too Fancy[2] > Willie the Pimp > Nothing Too Fancy[3]

Encore: Divisions[4]

Footnotes:
[1] with Entrance of the Gladiators (Julius Fučík) tease
[2] with Rhiannon (Fleetwood Mac) teases
[3] with Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin) teases
[4] with The Pequod tease

**Show Notes:**last Willie the Pimp 2008-11-13 (450 shows)

2 Likes

That 2014 Syracuse show was awesome.