Asking for a friend

1 Like

How much did you pay for that one? 10-15K?

2 Likes

This looks like a chronological Friday afternoon:

3:30 pm - oops fucked something up
3:39 pm - too early to drink?
4:00 pm - definitely not doing anything worthwhile
4:17 pm - drinkin beers at work fo sho

2 Likes

Handjobs all day baby

2 Likes

This is kind of how my afternoon is going.

1 Like

Wonder how many times they ask some dumb/pun question in promos paired with “Asking for a friend…”

All of them?

I have to chuckle at the jump from that Fricke review in the other thread calling it the most emotionally direct album they’ve made, mentioning themes like divorce and Black Lives Matter then cutting to…

I think this band is at their best when they don’t take themselves too seriously, it’s just a funny contrast to see these two things in one day

4 Likes

Oh my god I noticed that too. Don’t get me wrong I love it, but that promo pic of the band just undercuts all the sincerity in the Fricke write up and I absolutely love it

Like the album cover. Hope there’s some heavy hitters that come out of this. Not a huge fan of the first 2, but I like the second half of Small Strides and there’s 12 more opportunities for greatness

I’m optimistic!

2 Likes

Cool song but what the heck is that lyric in the middle, that’s kind of muffled? Legit sounds like “Everytime I look at you, all I want to do is turn your baby batter blue”

??

Every time I look at you all I want to do is turn your baby brown eye blue

No fucking clue what that is supposed to mean

He wants to shove blueberries in your ass

14 Likes

He’s not the only one :blueberries:

4 Likes

Perfect image to represent the most dad rock music ever.

Can’t get enough of Small Strides. Simple, catchy, grooves. Love it. I’m excited for this album

1 Like

So the auctioned song came to fruition

Well it has happened once

2 Likes

Damn, love the cover art with the Lando Calrissian eye-view of Sears Tower. That is awesome.

1 Like

Podcast on I Don’t Know What I Want dropped this morning. Worth a listen if you’re interested in the conception and development of the song.

1 Like

Meh

1 Like

So what’s the deal with the song releases and the podcast? If the podcast is weekly we’re going to hear all the tune before July 1