Aqueous

“I just started listening to these guys a few months ago. I am trying to find some songs of theirs with jams and solos that are really chill/beautiful/soaring/uplifting…kinda like the jams that usually come out UM’s songs Water, FFand solos like Fussy Dutchman, All In Time, August…” - From the Aqueous band thread

His sins weren’t too bad. I’m still trying to learn how not to triple post

1 Like

im upset

Not sure! I just know these things get consolidated and resolved. I don’t really GAF, but thought I’d ask since it’s literally the same question in two threads, one being the AQ thread. I’m also not sure if the OP is posting this sarcastically or not. :man_shrugging:t2:

But if real, I’d have a few suggestions.

Schnoz’s first post is now after his second post

3 Likes

Congratulations @Schnozberries

3 Likes

It’s like how Juan Soto hit a HR before his MLB debut

1 Like

That the guy from Star Wars?

You’re talkin’ sportsball to the wrong guy.

1 Like

Juan Solo :laughing:

1 Like

It’s lit in here today! While I’m in here, might as well mention how pumped I am for the free streams this weekend.

1 Like

Nevermind, I guess I assumed the hot dog guy who is big on spreadsheets was also into baseball.

1 Like

Definitely tuning in tonight.

End of “Strange Times,” and “What’s the Connection,” “All In,” and “Realize Your Light,” will probably get you what you’re looking for. All composed soaring/uplifting sections. Can’t tell you if they ever jam those sections out, or if those songs are more likely to spawn jams with that feel. Always felt like Aqueous doesn’t stick to a particular style of jam for a given song (e.g. Mulche’s reggae jams), but maybe I just don’t pay enough attention.

I’m just here to track my show stats.

Yeah Realize Your Light is a great ending.

No, you are right. They switch it up pretty regularly. I’d have to dig a little to show examples, but check out the Skyway (Set 2 opener) from the 8/7 video above. 1 - Skyway jams tend to be heavier/slower (deep bass type), but this one is NOT that. 2 - This Skyway is amazing and everyone should check it out.

For a couple more recent slower melodic/uplifting jams, try these

12/30/19 - The Median
3/1/2020 - Weight of the World

Thanks guys.

For those that watched, how were the Friday/Saturday shows?

Curious about this as well. If anyone gets a rip of these videos, I’d love to have em.