2024/04/25 Higher Ground Burlington, VT

(8:13pm - 9:22pm EST) Set I:

There’s No Crying In Mexico > Miss Tinkle’s Overture, Loose Ends, White Man’s Moccasins, Puppet String > 2nd Self, It Doesn’t Matter > Roulette > end Puppet String

(9:52pm - 11:08pm EST) Set II:

Driven to Tears > Anchor Drops > All Things Ninja*, Comma Later > The Linear > Walletsworth, Wappy Sprayberry > Gulf Stream

(11:12pm EST) Encore: Pay the Snucka#%

*Cowboys From Hell - Pantera tease
#Request from Courtney for her 100th show, with Jump Around tease
%With Bulls on Parade quotes

Show notes

Really solid opening jam in Tinkle’s
Slow soaring/building blissful start to Puppet. Would have loved another section but it was a nice patient transition into 2nd Self
IDM standard into turbo IDM, beautiful peak in return to IDM
All Things Ninja jam starts with a heavy, chugging Pantera esque riff, which lead into a Cowboys from Hell tease
Fun dancey theme in Comma Later, approaches chugging territory but Jake is able to resist, turbo funk ensues very briefly before abortion, down tempo shift into some weird funkiness
Chill start to Linear, nice and mellow, downtempo
Beautiful, chill, and happy groove to start Wappy, leads into an untzy, bright, controlled dance jam. The dance groove picks up steam and we’re entering soaring bliss territory. Long extended bliss peak, really great stuff. Probably JOtN

6 Likes

This is gorgeous, love the bliss they’re building here

2 Likes

Nice and patient

2 Likes

What do we think… → OoO ??

1 Like

Totally or just a tease
Jk

I got OoO and 2nd Self confuzzed

1 Like

Ahhh well done, still → 2nd Self

I’d note the OoO tease but that’s just me

1 Like

Loved that jam.

1 Like

Puppet was a happy jam

4 Likes

Damn they teased the shit out of 2nd Self before going into it.

1 Like

Solid transition!

1 Like

Little bit rough there, love this tune though

Today is the 25th @Zencer

Oh yeah, in-between the 1st && 2nd verses they almost wrecked it, really solid recovery tho

1 Like

It’s the 26th somewhere in the world

4 Likes

Thanks brotha

They don’t play this number (Ha! Puns) enough. LBDOK (not to be confused with LBDOklahoma) is a great album

1 Like

Bahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

I really liked that one. Sounded like something that could have come out of a Dear Lord

1 Like

That puppet jam > dear lord > puppet would have been sick. Wonder if they close set with end puppet or do it later?

1 Like

I’d bet later but that’s just the formula I understand talking

Go BB. Go!