2024/03/10- Belly Up - Aspen, CO

2024/03/10- Belly Up - Aspen, CO

I: Plunger>Roulette, The Bottom Half, Pure Saturation>DBK>No Comment>DBK

II: Mantis, Ringo, Haji, Miami Virtue>Lenny, Pay The Snucka

E: Push The Pig

1 Like

Plunger, TBH, Mantis, and Ringo being out for NW is not great.

3 Likes

I’m still chasing Roulette and Lenny too. Looks like a fun show. Fuck these guys.

3 Likes

Good dog selection, looks(jo) like a fun show!

Don’t think they’d reset the song selections for a 4 night run?

It’s up on Nugs already. Just looking at times, it looks decent minus a 15 minute DBK.

Edit- remove Roulette, put No Comment as a stand-alone and let that little jam they tried starting in DBK breathe(dub version) a little bit, and that would be a great first set.

Mantis is pretty tight

Blasphemy

15 Likes

Never my bro’d

mods get in here. @ass ban this man right now

5 Likes

You wouldn’t know a good time if it hit you in the balls.

2 Likes

I honestly haven’t heard it enough to decide if i like it.

Rip that studio version now. And then again.

Love the studio version of that song

1 Like

Jake was side stage all night. Not sure if he wasn’t feeling well or something else going on.

Something was up with him all weekend. Completely uninterested and I definitely saw him yelling at stasik when they came back out night 1 for the encore.

Hell ya Jake

4 Likes

Keep the main thing, the main thing. Gotta focus on the gig at hand. It’s supposed to be a band weekend where they kick it and relax. I appreciate Stasik wants to be a rockstar but ya can’t do all that while losing sight of what got you to be where you are: being the world’s okayest bass player for Umphrey’s McGee. (He’s gotten loads better at playing throughout the years, too, least we forget) 'Member when he used to wear that shirt??

Love a sense of humor, let’s bring that back

2 Likes

My favorite Roulette is the Roulette from the first time I caught Umphrey’s on my birthday. 2.27.2008 Roulette>Dear Lord>Roulette encore.

Jake is playing that white and black Hagstorm that got destroyed flying later that year iirc and he breaks a guitar string during it. I was right up front and the way he kept going was rock star status.

\mm/

5 Likes

I peeped the studio version after @UMFree suggested to, and looked into the few that were on the Outstanding Versions list. Nice happy little song that I guess I never paid attention to, probably because it hasn’t gotten much play in the last 10 years and not ever frequently mentioned in many recs. In my ignorance of still being a bit of a newb compared to the rest of the Bort, I was unaware that it’s an OG song and deserves a little respect.

1 Like

damn that sucks I used to like this guy

2 Likes

its a great tune, imo. Perfect mix of composition, melody and technicality. Its a pretty technical song that still is very easy to groove to. Sometimes even with songs like 13 Days, Water, BtL etc. - they’re awesome songs, but it gets a little hard to bob your head to at times. Roulette aint one of those. Honestly, im glad that you had mentioned the song bc its been awhile since I have listened to it and ive been loving having it on repeat since last night.

1 Like