2024/02/15 - 930 Club - Washington, DC

I am in the minority but the slow version blows. It sucks man, but nobody wants to admit it.

5 Likes

I attended 2012, 2015, 2017 and 2023 UM RRX runs and the CTC from 2015 was up there with my best UM moments on the Rocks. I think it was in the second Ringo jam slot?

2 Likes

No.

Saw B1/2 > Sweetness > Og Cable > B1/2 in CLT in 2016. So good.

Fucking love that tune

Yup. Set 2 opener that went into SOYCD. Not a bad way to spend 45 minutes.

No problem with CTC here, fun song and it being in the opening slot of a set doesn’t interrupt anything. I thought last night was fun, nothing mind blowing but a good reminder of what this band can be. I thought WMM was a tad sloppy and I don’t know what happened in the Wappy jam, but it felt off before quickly being taken behind the shed. I love getting Ocean Billy and Wife Soup, the build ups are always great. I think Kitchen was left unfinished, kept expecting it to pop back up.

This was my first itme seeing Ben on lights, definitely a different vibe than Waful. Did he put up the lights around the outside of the floor and walls or is that something 930 installed permanently?

4 Likes

I think those are 9:30 lights.

Yeah, it was a fun show, I’m looking forward to listening to the 2nd set again. End of Kitchen was cut after Den and Eminence Front was cut from the end of the 2nd set.

Always October is a horrible song and I got two in a row (Richmond) and they played it at 9:30 last year. Come on guys, spread the shit songs around the country a little more. I blame @ROCTOPUSS

@WentzyMcGee good thing you weren’t there because Wife Soup would have ruined your night.

4 Likes

Not complaining about Eminence Front, that song gets too repetitive for my taste, goes nowhere.

3 Likes

Ha! You know me too well. But that second set does look real solid! I don’t mind it as much mid-set. I think it’s an absolute buzzkill show or set opener.

1 Like

Awesome awesome show last night. Best they’ve sounded all year of the 7 shows I’ve seen and the handful I’ve streamed. They were absolutely locked in - every jam is unique, cohesive, and interesting, and they were having an absolute blast on stage

Always October jam had my entire group floored - they opened that up in exactly the way I always wanted them to. Kitchen was ultimate adhd and had like 3 awesome different sections. Ocean billy weird in all the best ways. Second set was an absolute heater front to back - no notes

We couldn’t help but watch a guy on the balcony up top in the right hand side looking like he was having the worst night of his life - was that any of you guys? Would fit as he had his head in his hands when attachments followed cut the cable (great songs for us non jaded fans, absolute hell holes it seems for you “real” fans)

5 Likes

lol VfJers really coming out of the woodwork here lately. Usually when you put something in quotes it’s supposed to mean someone said it.

4 Likes

No I wouldn’t have had my heads in my hands. Attachments has brought some nice jams

1 Like

I was in the balcony on the right side and if you had said that during Always October that may have been me. Though it wasn’t as bad as it could have been because the type 1’d at the end.

There were some really great improv moments in the show, though at times it seems a little aimless and like they didn’t know what they wanted to lock in to. I’m listening to Attachments now and it’s all over the place.

Also, it’s weird to me that Kris always seems to go big right out of the gate for an Attachments jam and then he has to walk the energy back because the band doesn’t match him.

4 Likes

At least they keep us more engaged than Umphrey’s does.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Actually that was a a hologram placed specifically in your view as part of your UMVIP experience to help you feel the show was that special.

comparison is the cornerstone of joy in the UMVIP experience.

4 Likes

Money well spent then it was quite entertaining

Pokin fingers at y’all a bit here as it’s funny how it doesn’t seem like at this point the band could do anything that would appease the masses here. ADHD rock is here to stay and it’s what makes umph the most unique experience in jam and what keeps me and my friends so hooked.

In all seriousness - does any other band play the sheer number of unique songs umphreys consistently does? Don’t know phish enough to know if they have the variety but it is truly mind boggling that at any point you could hear anything from a selection of like 250+ songs. Theyve leaned into the randomness of song selection this year and I love it and it’s making up for the jams not being as tight as say early 2023 imo

2 Likes

Personally, I like lamp. I also like rock.

Also, what is your favorite pizza topping? I am a big pep and mushroom guy.

I think many have made it abundantly clear what would appease them

4 Likes

Hiatus

7 Likes