2024/02/07 - Bluebird Nightclub - Bloomington, IN

Qbert rules!

4 Likes

This whole second set has some quality jams and flows well. Hiccup was really nice.

1 Like

Yeah last night was a solid show for sure, up there with Cleveland for top of the year…

@snuckaskitchen OP

1 Like

I hope everyone is OK

5 Likes

I thought this show was pretty great. I loved the song selection, and they were making an effort at jamming all night. I can’t really comment on the quality without listening back, but the effort was there and that’s all I can really ask for. 65 minutes of improv is no joke.

2 Likes

I don’t see anything special about these track times. Looks like any other typical UM show imo.

1 Like

Maybe i can get the guy i know who works at The Pageant to leave a “stop being pussies and jam” note in the green room

6 Likes

Looks like 65 minutes of improv puts this just outside of the top 10.

1 Like

Damn maybe I just don’t like UM as much anymore

Really surprised there is 65 mins of improv in this show based on those track times

Glad to hear it was good

1 Like

I havent listened to anything, but when the other guys are playing like they are right now it really makes other similar bands flaws standout more

1 Like

I am just going off the update on the OP. Looks like @snuckaskitchen did the math.

1 Like

I think I was pretty generous in the vamp vs improv department. I also ran those numbers when I was working so it didn’t have my full attention

an hour and 24 mins is a pretty long first set by UM standards, no?

2 Likes

I hear you. UM just hasn’t been playing any jams that make me say ‘wow’. Besides the DBK/CO and the latest Mantis, but even so, the Mantis was definitely pre composed. Which is fine, but yeah.

Yeah I think it’s more so just that the show is longer rather than that they jammed longer. Just to compare to the following night as an example, it’s like 18 minutes longer.

1 Like

Basically whether or not they play the full 15 minutes for the encore or not + 1 song

just gave it a quick run through, I stand by the 65:00

the first set is like 15 minutes longer than usual with multiple songs that have a 2-3 min composition → jam and Front Porch is a cheat code for improv times. No extended improv or standout jams but it’s definitely there in quantity.

1 Like

Hell yeah. I’m excited to listen back.

1 Like

I listened to the 2nd set yesterday on my drive to and from work (yes I went right for set 2 because I didn’t see the setlist and wanted to be surprised and take the “ride”) and actually it’s pretty damn great. Hiccup jam was probably the highlight for me on 1st listen, Dump was cool but felt like they could’ve kept it going, seemed prime for a bounceback but it just never happened. The whole ending trio was choice.

Should be a → from Hiccup into Speak Up, no? Anywho, now to go back to set 1…

1 Like