2023 JOTY Discussion

I hope for it at every show I go to

1 Like

Appreciate the take. It’s as bad as Easter in quarantine to my ears. I like seasons though so what do I know? :person_shrugging:t3:

Haven’t seen enough shows to have seen any song 80+ times. I attend a handful of shows a year and rarely listen to UM anymore. Most compositions still please me.

1 Like

11 Likes

Never my bro

2 Likes

Listen here motherfucker I like what I like

2 Likes

Woah woah let’s not say things we can’t take back now

5 Likes

My biggest gripe is chug abortions. I can begrudgingly tolerate even the most cringy of songs if there is a jam.

Silent type comes to mind. That song is so bad. Top tier, grade A, cringe. Honestly songs like that make me embarrassed I claim fandom. Then they rip it a new asshole and I forgive them.

It’s an abusive relationship

5 Likes

About the time this music video came out is when I swore off touring for eternity

6 Likes

You should have walked away

7 Likes

Bring back Cig Stew.

3 Likes

I should have walked away

4 Likes

it’s wild that they turned something as good as the 12/31/13 Tinkles into Silent Type

There’s one from a valentines show in AvL that is amazing. Hard untz.

1 Like

Six shows left in 2023 and doesn’t look like anything will be the 1.14 The Silent Type. Anything else to really consider for JOTY? That one is just next level from my perspective.

2 Likes

There are some really good jams this year but that one is still my favorite as well.

1 Like

Is that the earliest JOTY in UM history I wonder? We could of course have a winner in the run up to NYE, but that would be historically very rare (unless you want to count that one hour improv Ringo but I’d argue that was more of an oddity and I dont think anyone was calling it JOTY).

1 Like

The most noteworthy thing from Athens was the Bayliss Wappy. One of my favorite jams from this year but definitely not JOTY.

This is actually my first time being able to hear the 2023-01-14 Silent Type everyone was raving about. Hardly surprised to hear a great jam where Joel is pushing the ideas.

Honest question, what are recent examples of Jake-led jams that are really good? Just want to remember the man still has it in him.

HoF 2023 voting is up but the voting, unsurprisingly, does not work for me yet.

Thanks kb

1 Like