2023/08/20 - Soundcheck Studios - Pembroke, MA

Ah yeah 12/3/04, they talk about the alarms going off before the start of set two. There’s also a November 04 show that has one during Peeps

Wonder if that was the last time

Last fire alarm show I can remember is encore of 04-16-2016.

https://allthings.umphreys.com/setlists/umphreys-mcgee-april-14-2016-the-joy-theater-new-orleans-la-usa.html

3 Likes

If they play what’s on paper this is going to be rough

1,000 Places is always a treat. Such a fun Joel tune.

1 Like

This show looks heady af tbh

IMG_4019

2 Likes

My dad was there hah, got a last min ticket from a friend. Said he had a great time, Cory had a good sit in and the Draconian jam was hot.

Cory plays sax as well? He’s made Spaff so much better.

They need to bust out some sax jams SF style!

1 Like

I think someone on this board says theyve known him for a long time and Sax was always his #1 instrument.

I believe theres a Thieves jam with Magner on keys and Cory goes to sax.

1 Like

Good to know. He should def bust it out a tad more.

Anyone know this Thieves version?

Ardmore. 1-27-23

2 Likes

:facepunch:

Aye, longtime friends. Yes he rips on sax. Sat in with New Mastersounds not too long ago, in his previous band he would usually do 2-4 songs/show on sax.

2 Likes

Hes one of the best keyboardist in the scene too IMO.

1 Like

I certainly think so… plus you just dont see many people anymore playing the synthesizer the way it was meant to be played like he does. Always tweaking the sound moment to moment. Hes studied Jan Hammer and Bernie Worrell and it shows.

3 Likes

Yeah that might be a better way to put it. Up there with Magner as best jam synthesizer.

1 Like

Kyle Hollingsworth too…

2 Likes

Kyle just an all around better keyboardist

1 Like

Draco was pretty sexy.

Sounds like Bayliss is teasing something early in this Tribute jam but not sure what