2023/08/18 - Pier Six Pavilion - Baltimore, MD

Awesome. Why are there two uploads?

I dunno ask @NoiseFondler

I didn’t upload, but that dude records with like 5 pairs of mics, so I assume he’s going to be putting up each pair individually and the probably a 10ch matrix of all of them. They’re pretty boomy, so he also asked me to work on one, so if you want to wait, I might put up an EQ’d version of one of them.

6 Likes

Love Happy Sprayberry

Wait, so why can’t they upload this show? TLDR. They’ve played here every year. What’s changed? I was wondering why this show wasn’t popping up on nugs

Very high union fees is the tldr

1 Like

Saw that. That’s why I asked what changed? In one year.

Bidens America bro

5 Likes

Not sure if it’s always been a union house or not, but either way apparently yes.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me how the venue being a union shop keeps the band from recording and releasing the show? I’m pretty familiar with construction unions, but this is new to me.

Eggy just released their show on Nugs. So it doesn’t make sense that Umphreys wouldn’t.

2 Likes

I have zero reasoning for this explanation but I assume the union workers would need to be paid out of recordings/filming that were released. With Nugs being what it is, I don’t know that they could figure how much to pay them, etc.

Again, totally guessing.

checks out

I dunno about Eggy releasing theirs but the union requires a heavy fee for live releases

Not sure how/why eggy is able to release theirs. Maybe because UM is the true hiring act for the night they’re the ones that bear the brunt of it and eggy just slips through.

My understanding (if it’s the same issue as in the past) is that IATSE requires all that recording work to be done by a member of the union, and if you want to do it yourself, you have to essentially pay the union the equivalent of those rates + licensing fees for the venues and all that. Pretty sure it’s in the multi thousand dollar range.

Eggy taking the “fuck around and find out” approach

5 Likes

or Eggy is clearing more money per show than UM these days.

5 Likes

Lol sounds like the whole union thing is debunked if eggy has their show up

Or what @snuckaskitchen said

My understanding is the whole union thing came straight from Chris. Not sure how eggy has theirs up but I don’t think it really makes a difference

Eggy could’ve also paid up