2023/06/26 - Brendan & Joel at The Deck - Muskegon, MI

The Deck
Pere Marquette Beach
Muskegon MI

One Set:

Susannah, Wellwishers, That’s the Way (Led Zeppelin),Wife Soup, So Much, August>Fake Plastic Trees (Radiohead)>August, Where is My Mind (Pixies), Final Word>Upward, Althea (Grateful Dead), In the Kitchen>No Comment>Puppet Strings, What a Fool Believes (Doobie Bros, Joel vocals), Jesus, etc.(Wilco), The Weight (The Band), Hey 19 (Steely Dan), Orfeo, Whitehouse Road (Tyler Childers), Benny & the Jets (Elton John), Hajimemashite, Africa (Toto)

6 Likes

Fun show, banter was what you would expect. Joel played a few lines of Tinkles before Hey 19.

2 Likes

2023-06-2023 Bayliss & Cummins on the Beach

We really blew past the usual end of June, huh?

5 Likes

Show was out of this world

I cannot picture Bayliss singing Fake Plastic Trees. Hmm

1 Like

Well,.it wasn’t Joel

1 Like

Yes I get that.

Really? I could picture Bayliss crying pretty easily…

4 Likes

I don’t get it

2 Likes

I know

1 Like

Night cutie

2 Likes

Back at ya, bbygurl x.

1 Like

Hope UM covers Jesus, Etc. Sometime. Or at least bring back Handshake Drugs

2 Likes

Can’t really see that one fitting the um sound. So many better Wilco options for them

I love bayliss and Jeff Austin’s cover of handshake drugs. I have a soundboard of it somewhere

2 Likes

I love telling my sister that Handshake Drugs is Wilco’s only good song, I don’t believe that but she defends it every time. They played it N1 in Iceland and I told her “great, you can skip the next two nights now”

1 Like

VIP set or something? i only see it listed for Wafuls last show on Nugs.

Wilco’s 3 night run in Iceland. My sister stopped traveling for UM in about '06

3 Likes

Derp. Did they play that same venue? Sounds fun.

2 Likes

yeah same venue. My sister really enjoyed it, said the local openers were great and the shows were fantastic. She and her late husband are/were big Wilco fans.

Jeff Tweedy is a really awesome dude, he sent my brother in law a very heartfelt video message after his cancer diagnosis. Feel like I need to shout out his awesomeness right there, not the biggest Wilco fan myself.

5 Likes