2023/05/28 - Summer Camp Music Festival - Chillicothe, IL

Goat is real good

3 Likes

This feels like one of the stronger Scamp shows they’ve played in the last 10 years.

2 Likes

They really fell off album wise the last few years but I’m sure they’re still great live. On my list to see for sure

2 Likes

Wappy and 2x2 jams were probably my favorites iirc, but felt like these sets suffered from every peak sounding exactly the same

2 Likes

I stopped paying attention after they changed to a lame audio only format so unsure what the s’camp sitch was.

:laughing:

1 Like

I lost my shit when Jake started playing that riff at like 8 mins into the wappy. Really digging this jam. Jake crushed this show.

I also very vaguely remember a cross eyed and painless bass line from stasik in a jam but I haven’t relistened to whole show yet

1 Like

They played Xeyed during the collab set so it would make sense.

Glad to see they ended on a high note.

Outside of the jam in some new song i didnt recognize on Friday and the Silent Type from collab set, felt like it was a pretty weak showing from UM those first couple nights.

2 Likes

Yeah I haven’t listened or paid attention to any of the shows, but I really enjoyed Sundays. 6 song set with 5 having yams? I’ll take that any day

1 Like

Can never expect anything from a 90 min day set and a Collab set with Moe as far as getting a joty. Sat s2 was really their only chance to flex before finally flexing the next night.

That was the only factor easing my fomo this year. The biscuits setlists kind of eased the pain too but still gonna dive into them shortly.

1 Like

Sat set 2 was god awful.

The collab set was really good though and all of them seemed super locked in during that set. Figured they would keep that going for the second set. Oh well. I still enjoyed myself.

1 Like

I loved the Collab set even listenning from home. Only complaint was the classic Jake crazy train crutch during the thick of a 17 min Silent Type.

1 Like

The Biscuits sets were good, not great. They won a lot of new fans though.

1 Like

I guess I take this back since I’m through the first 4 of 5 sets from the weekend and Pure Saturation is my favorite so far (over the Wappy). Wappy did nothing for me. Diving into Sunday s2 tmrw.

1 Like

That was the song i didnt know from Friday. Was my favorite jam of the solo UM i saw.

2 Likes

Surprised nobody is hyping the ringo second jam, really like it

1 Like

WAY behind on shows and finally catching up. It’s not a high bar to clear, but this is probably the best Summercamp full show since like, 2012 or something. Wappy and Escape Goat are both really unique/exploratory and worth checking out. I do hear the “every peak sounds the same” complaint a little bit, but at least it’s a good peak? Jake was really on something for this show.

2 Likes