2023/04/29 - Johnny Mercer Theatre - Savannah, GA

It’s really good. I love Stasik’s baseline in the goat jam. And man I really hope they come to mke in fall.

2 Likes

Back to back excellent jams, 2 different peaks in 1348.

2 Likes

Not bad but 11/1/14 did it better

1 Like

I’d rather go out on Fussy than Gulf

2 Likes

Easier to bro out for the first 2 minutes and leave early. I’d probably stay through a fussdawg

IIRC some dude was crowdsurfing during this encore and almost crashed onto the SBD @opsopcopolis

1 Like

Let he who has not crowd surfed during Gulf Stream throw the first stone

3 Likes

1348 > EG was the truth. Crowd was on one last night. Went closer up Joel side for s2 and sounded way better

2 Likes

I vaguely remember that

this Escape Goat is so good. So happy that the band can still produce jam vehicles like this 25 years into their career. Live versions slay more often than not.

7 Likes

After relistening to the highlights…yeah, this is easily the best show they’ve done since 2019, for me. Plunger, Wappy, Mantis, 1348, Escape Goat, Higgins, AND Dump are all very melodic and have brilliant parts in there somewhere. The setlist is very basic but that doesn’t matter when they hit it out of the park. The one thing this show is missing is a true top-tier jam along the lines of St. Pete 2019 Plunger or Nashville 2019 IDM, but Escape Goat does really try. Still would have been absolutely thrilled to see this.

2 Likes

The Plunger jam to kick things off is really good. I think it’s probably my fav jam of the show.

Show is solid but to me, beyond 1348 > Goat and Plunger it’s pretty standard. I prefer 4/28 and a lot of others from this year.

1 Like