2023/04/27 - Windjammer - Isle of Palms, SC

One Set: Turn & Run > Ocean Billy[1] > Maybe Someday, So Much, Life During Exodus[2], Resolution, Intentions Clear > Shine On You Crazy Diamond, JaJunk > Crucial Taunt, Soul Food I > Pure Saturation > JaJunk, August > Drums > August, Den

Encore: Remind Me

[1] unfinished
[2] with 25 or 6 to 4 (Chicago) jam

2 Likes

How long is this one set?

1 Like

According to first song tweet on Twitter and end of show tweet, 2 hours 40 minutes

3 Likes

That’s longer than a good number of 2 setters

2 Likes

That looks like one set of a Bayliss 2 setter.

1 Like

Woah

That’s correct, came on at 6pm and the encore finished at 8:40pm. Rain was supposed to come in around 8 so they just played straight through which was a great call.

3 Likes

Charleston is bad luck for this. Last chuck show I went to was dumping buckets and almost got cancelled. Made it a one set show. 2nd worst UM experience.

They also moved a show to the coliseum due to rain one year I went. Spring/summer outdoor shows at the beach are risky business.

SF1 and Remind Me had “pretty” UM jams and there were a cpl other good jams sprinkled in. One long set was definitely the move as weather was gonna get shitty. As soon as JaJunk started I knew it was gonna be one long set…

SOYCD was a bummer for me but worked well with the crowd.

Up on Nugs. Not a bad little listen through IC so far. Given the circumstances of weather, I would’ve been happy with this audible that they called. Slightly unrelated- don’t look up windjammer on Urban Dictionary.

Venue looks pretty awesome

Curious what people’s thoughts are on this show. Gonna relisten after I finish Wilmington and listen to Savannah…

1 Like

I think there are plenty of good micro-jams in this show but none I’d deem HOF-worthy. I thought the Billy (34 show gap?!), Reso, IC, and SF1 were all pretty good.

Finally got around to this one today. This show definitely shows no signs of the brilliance that would happen on Friday and Saturday, but that happens sometimes. This show features a lot of the Jake overplaying and the band moving too quickly issues that had been present the rest of April, along with two very long covers clogging up the set. Still some enjoyable beach jams though. Billy is probably the best one, to me.

I thought the IC jam was good. Anyone pick up on the stasik crazy train teases or was I making that up in my head?