2023/04/21 - HoB - Houston, TX

2023/04/21 - HoB - Houston, TX

I: You’ve Got the Wrong Guy> 40’s Theme, Speak Up > Cemetery Walk, Pure Saturation, Cut the Cable, The Linear > Puppet String

II: Hurt Bird Bath, Driven to Tears > 2nd Self, Escape Goat > Out Of Focus, Cemetery Walk 2

E: Roctopus

Notes: The Floor cut at end of Set II and Roctopus chosen over JaJunk in the Encore slot. Staircase was an Extra.

JO’s in Speak Up, Cut the Cable, Linear and Escape Goat.

1 Like

What a weird fucking set so far on paper

2 Likes

Looking hood Houston

Doesn’t get much worse than that

1 Like

Bayliss’d

Cable has the big jam of the set

1 Like

Overheard during set break by the bro in front of me:
“This band has zero stage presence.”

Also, a very loud dude has been screaming for Taylor Swift between sings. (She’s in Houston tonight)

2 Likes

Staircase got a workout in the second set.

Rocktapuss’d in the encore :-1:t3:

1 Like

If the setlist is gonna be this bad, Taylor Swift might have been the better choice in Houston last night. Woof.

UM have never been a stage presence band, but I’ve noticed there tends to be a correlation between “above average shows” and “shows where Jake and Bayliss at least smile and jump around a little bit as opposed to literally nothing at all.”

2 Likes

When I see a show like this I usually skip right to the jams on nugs. Unlike Wednesday’s show, which I listened to from start to finish (minus silent type.

As far as jam bands goes, UM has some of the better stage presence.

I’d take this second set in any show.

2 Likes

Yeah this second set looks fantastic.

1 Like

Perfect encore, too

3 Likes

Perfect chance to leave early and beat the rush to the after bar.

tbh if tix were even marginally affordable TSwift would always be a better choice

1 Like

It’s spelled RA\ww/KTOPUSS btw

Digging it

They had a nice soaring uplifting thing going on 1st half of bath and then kinda just bailed. Sad. 2nd half is pretty solid though

2nd set slaps.

1 Like

not a JOTY contender, but great peak in The Linear.

1 Like

Looks solid to me. 6 song set is whats up